thinking of buying a lathe....I NEED HELP!!!

Ha mac sucks one there over priced two almost all of them are defective due to a bad gpu three they cant play games four you can upgrade or fix anything without sending it in.

MAC Rox!!! mac FTW

No they dont you can put mac os on a pc or netbook and apple is lyeing with those comercials if you know anything about computers you know there computers are way over priced

They may be overpriced, but they are quite a bit more stable than windows.

Back on topic now maybe?

if you want a stable os then go with linux its the most stable out. And you can dual boot leopard or any other os made by apple on a pc while still have windows. So what i am saying is buy a pc and put the os on it and say around $1100 and buy a bunch of new throws with the money.

Its funny how you say Macā€™s are overpriced but are willing to buy that other piece of crap. lol

I own a mac and a few PCā€™s and for the most part I love my pc but the mac has sooooooooo fewer problems.

1 Like

what os if its vista then yeah obviously and the reason why i wanted to get that one cause like i said i go on and off yoyoing and everything cause i have to many hobbies like skiing, skateboarding, badminton and alot of other stuff so every now and then i pick up or drop a hobby for a bit pending on what my friends do and since i live in canada i cant skate year round so that helps a bit. As well i can get by with my drill but it takes me like 30 min a half so that the main reason i wanted that

I was talking about Alienware.

allienware is the best computer company in the world that is not an oem and alienware is used by the us army and is the biggest known gameing computer and if you want to talk about over price look at voodoo they are made off clevo except they raised the price $5000

Well I donā€™t game so my mac is all I really need. I can out edit you any day!

On yoyos and lathes yes but on computers I think I at least give you a run for your money.
As well like said buy a pc and put iatkos on it itā€™s a version mac os and e ther dual boot or run with just mac os and Linux is the best os it beats every other os by far I find well then a again I use tools like cane and able and Jack the ripper. But still better than leopard

Ignoring the fact that youā€™re wrong on essentially everything youā€™ve ever said on a boardā€¦ we can still speak English in a coherent fashion, we win.

Kyle

Yeah I know my English sucks but the point you guys were trying to say is Alienware is over priced I will admit there laptops are but not there desktops. And apple uses a nvidia 8900 gpu that has a major over heating problem the reason why nvidia didnā€™t recall all of them is cause it would have cost millions. And ask anyone that used all three os systems I bet most will say Linux is better besides games cause only windows does that. Not to mention itā€™s free and everything is open source. And has the fewest problems cause of the amount of active users helping out. And if you want a mac ether buy one, dualboot or use vmware. And donā€™t try to say mac is better itā€™s simpily not worth that I mean 4gb of ddr2 plus a broken gpu and 2.53 dual processor for around $2400 a Alienware m15x could beat a MacBook any day. And I use both mac and pc cause uses it and I have to say itā€™s just not worth it, but if apple lowers the price to around $1200 and opens it os to more developers then maybe it might be a match but right now there is no way a mac is better.

The point with Linux is that itā€™s not just Linux. You can say that you have Linux on your PC, and then I will ask you what Linux system you use. Linux is just the core, but with open-source that core is used in hundreds of different Linux systems. I personally got Linux Mint because I heard it was great for people starting out with Linux.

Linux is not necessarily better than other OSā€™es, but itā€™s a lot different, and it takes some time to learn it.

And Alienware is overpriced when you can get a desktop with the exact same specs for a lower price.

Oh and Macs rock, you know it. Just dual-boot it with XP if you really need to.

I built this computer for 2,250. I dare you to try to build an alienware with the same specs for anywhere close

without getting too specific:
Asus X58 Chipset board
6GB DDR3 Dominator memory
i7 overclocked to around 4GHz
GTX295 (1800MB just in case you didnā€™t know off the top of your head)
150GB Solid State drive
Blu-Ray reader/writer
GOOD (not the best, but it works) Liquid Cooling for CPU, GPU and front side bus

The last time that I ā€œbuilt upā€ an Alienware with specs near that, they wanted 5K!

Iā€™m not a big Mac fan, but thatā€™s only because Iā€™ve been on windows and Linux my whole life and it actually confused me the first time I used it (I was 15, and did not like change). Engineering wise, Apple puts out some crazy powerful machines.

Look, all weā€™re saying is that youā€™re going to pay too much with Alienware. If it doesnā€™t bother you then itā€™s no skin off my nose either, but I recommend building your own. You can even buy an Alienware case if it suits your fancy (but again, their cases are overpriced too. Iā€™m sure it costs them alot to make it so pretty, but itā€™s not pretty enough for me to spend 300 dollars on a case).

Do they put together good PCs? Eh. Iā€™ve heard both Glory and Horror stories about them. I used to have an alienware laptop back in the day (two years ago) and I had to send it in twice under warranty to have the board replaced.

Iā€™ll stick with home made. ;D

Ok I use ubuntu cause itā€™s really nice os try it. And you wonā€™t need 150gb ssd all you need is a ten or or tweenty for your os and your good. Apple does make good computers but if you read what isaid earlier that was my problem with them. And donā€™t over clock it lowers the life of your machine I usually under clock. And allienware just made a new itā€™s called all powerful there aurora for a base of $1200 Is awesome my friend bout one and he loves it and it came with a hat a keyboard and mouse and I will make one and link you the specs and price.

sorry for double posting but here is the link with the specs http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/print_summary_details_popup.aspx?~lt=print&~lt=alienware&c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DPCWDX1&s=dhs&fb=1&leadtime=11/26/2009&showleadtime=True
with a keyboard and mouse its $2034

Thatā€™s what the ā€œmodifyā€ button is made for. you can just edit your post.

We need to stop because heā€™s never gonna listen to us even though we know what we are talking about.
That means if he asks a yoyo related question, he probably wonā€™t listen to us then either.

So true, that may even become my Siggy.