Thinking about buying a SPYY Addiction..

I have a YYJ Dark Magic, legacy, and X-Convict (silicone and KK) and like the feel of all of them. i’ve been looking to buy an all metal yoyo. I love the way the Addiction looks but would say…a DNA or DV888 or G5 or something be a better first buy? I’m working on the master tricks on this site if it makes a difference? Thanks in advance for any help

In terms of shape/size, do you prefer any one of your three yo-yos over the others?

It doesn’t really matter but I guess the X-con…

X-Con huh?
Well, I will reccomend the Hectic if you like that.

If you are interested in the Addiction, I don’t think you can go wrong with it. It has the same diameter as your X-ConVict, but it has a wider and rounder shape.

I was trying to stay away from K-Pads because I’ve never tried them … and are SPYY’s generally good yoyos? Wondering because its $20 cheaper then most metals I’ve seen

K-Pads are great responce systems, try some out. You will probably like them.

You shouldn’t worry about K-pads. They’ll be perfectly fine (great, even) and they’ll last you if you end up getting a YoYoFactory yo-yo.

I’ve only heard good things about SPYY, but I can’t say that I have played one personally.

Alright. well thanks again for the help

Trust me, man. You won’t be disappointed.

SPYYs are high-quality yoyos. That is why we have them here at YYE and that is why JonRob is on their team. When you pick up a SPYY, you can feel the quality in it. There aren’t any gimmicks; No splash annodizing or Special ________ Editions.

There are metals out there for $40.

K-Pads are pretty sick. They provide tight binds, and I haven’t had to replace one yet.

IMO wait another week or two and pick up a Project 2 when they hit retailers. Or if they’re still in stock, grab a 5-Star. I ordered an addiction but as its not here yet I can’t say how it compares.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  4. What weight is ideal to you?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
    These are the key questions to the answer.

The Addiction looks cool. Too bad I am limiting myself to five yoyos for the rest of my life. I would love to get one. But it’s not high enough to dethrone my list.