Things not to say to a yoyoer

I swear that’s the most annoying thing. WHen they say that, they try to imply “Yeah I am a grown up now and what you’re doing now, I have done that 15 years ago”.
Its the same when someone sees my fishes and have no clue about anything, they say “Oh yeah, I used to keep fish when I was in 4th grade”.

“Hey it’s a diabolo?”

1 Like

“You suck dude” seems like that would not be what I would want to hear.

Or the good ole “just keep at it, I’m sure you’ll get it”, although not much more to say other than that for encouragement sometimes.

*you’re *an *it’s

“Too bad that talent is useless.” I hate it when people say this.

Sounds more like they’re trying to find a way to relate to you.

I was once told that i “needed to get a hobby”.

Thanks.

1 Like

I get

“what’s that whizzing sound is it a motor?”

“can I try Abby I am a Yoyo master I have my fiber X in the mail coming soon I promise!” (this is from a kid named Connor in my grade who lies straight to my face and I know it)

“can you walk the dog?”

“how many tricks do you know?”

“wait how much is the Yoyo again?”

“oh yeah I remember when I used to do that as a kid”

“why won’t your Yoyo come up?!?!?”

“oh yeah I have a Yoyo it’s made of carbon dioxide”

“If I were doing that it would be in a huge knot!”

Things I’d hate to hear would be mainly deragatory things such as:
“Get a life!”
“You have too much time on your hands”
“I’m better than you”

Fortunately, I’ve heard nothing but positive even from teens who look like they could care less about yoyoing, hearing them say “Wow, that guy’s a yoyo ninja over there!”

I’ve even had lines at the amusement park stop as people would be mesmorized…I could be my local amusement park’s entertainment!

“that electric?”

1 Like

“Is that a Chinese yoyo?”

This may have been said but ‘Whats your best trick?’

This is where I make up a completely random number.

Edit: more so comments that I get alot. not really “Things not to say”

“I remember yoyoing when I was a kid”

“WOW! that is different from the yoyos I remember”

“I cant believe you dont get the string in a big knot!”

“Have you ever hit yourself in the face?”

“You need to show my son/daughter (sometimes, more son)”

“Wow that is really fast! How can your hands keep up?”

“If I were you I would stand on the street corner with a hat, you would make SO much money!”

Little Kids: “Do you have a yoyo that I can have?” I usually will give them old plastic yoyos that I have, or something a bit better if they seem more interested in yoyoing, but this kid that lives in my apt complex, I call him Abu, because he follows everyone around, looks around in people’s cars, just really nosy like the monkey on Aladdin, Abu, hahah. He asked me for a yoyo and I told him I would look for one for him and he was like “just give me the one you are using now!!” Okay kid I am really going to give you my Avant Garde 2 so you can walk the dog with it, get bored and throw it on the ground! hahaha.

1 Like

“How long does it take until you can impress girls with it?”

“Let’s talk about patents…”

Sometimes just one, sometimes everything of the following:

• “You still play with that thing?”

• “That’s so 90’s… You should upgrade your toys”

• “I think Playstation is out. Do you know what a Playstation is…?”

• "So, you’re one of those guys that don’t even use a smartphone. You should try, there’s a lot of cool games you can download, you’ll Forget that yoyo in a second. You know what? Here’s my tablet, I’ll let you play for a while you poor guy… :smiley: "

“Doesn’t that get boring”

1 if it does t come back with a tug it’s not real

2 I’m better than you said the non thrower

3 I promise you I’m good at it

4 I can buy a yoyo just like that. At the dollar store ( come to find out the sell clyw chiefs at the dollar store lol)

“Jensen’s performance sucked!”