Thin lube made my bearing spin slower

So I’ve had my Protostar for about 3 weeks now. I decided last night to put some thin lube on the stock Center Trac bearing. The bearing now spins slower and my yoyo became kinda responsive. What the heck?! >:(

You probably put too much in the bearing. You only need about a drop from a tip of a needle on one of the balls in the bearing. You can either just play with it and it will start to go back to normal or clean the bearing. Also, there might be something in the bearing. The solution to that is to clean the bearing.

thin lube doesnt make a yoyo more unresponsive it actually makes it more responsive. Thin lube is compared to thick lube when it is said to make your yoyo less responsive. Just break in the lube and it should be fine

1 Like

Like A-Bomm97 said, it doesn’t make it less responsive than a dry bearing but in small amounts, it keeps the bearing quite and improves the longevity of the bearing than a dry one.

I did put a very small drop. I’ll try breaking it in a bit more.

Same thing happened to me too. I put thin lube on my Legacy and when it got slower, I got really mad. But when it broke in, it spinned longer. So basically just break it in.