Public service announcement- Lube

Thin or thick lube, it does not matter, will not make the yoyo bearing spin longer or faster. it will just provide it a little protection, a moment of silence, and it will actually decrease the spin(a sacrifice which is bearable).

This thread is not something thats supposed to be up their and stickied . it is not as important. it was just to inform those who did not know. Thank you, Goodbye. :wink:

I think it should be stickied, that way there is no reason for threads about this particular issue to rise again. I’ll admit that I was one of the people who did not understand this but I haven’t ever made a thread about it o.O

If the bearing is full of thick lube, and you apply thin lube, it WILL make the yoyo bearing spin longer.

Bada bing bada boom.

Never heard if that before.

i will go on to say that thick lube does ‘matter’. if you put thick lube in a bearing it will, in fact, slow the bearing down and cause it to spin for a shorter period. that’s why it makes yo-yo’s more responsive. i apply thick lube to the half-specs in my flying v just about every week to keep it responsive.

i think what you’re trying to say is that putting a lubricant in an otherwise clean bearing will not decrease responsiveness. but what you implied was that lube doesn’t have any effect on how bearings spin, which is patently false.

oops ill fix that. i had a feeling i worded something wrong

Then watch André’s lubing video.

Bump jus gonna bump it this time and let it die