The wife wants her first "real" yoyo

You guys ROCK!!! Thank you for all the suggestions, even the goofy ones. I especially like the Duncan MG suggestion. We’ll be sifting through all the sizes, and tell you guys when she finally picks one.

I bought her an M&M’s yoyo, turned out to be a relabeled Yomega Fireball. You have to get on their level, make it relevant.

The YoyoJam Journey may also be worth a look also. It’s not super undersized but; light, cheap, responsive, butterfly, ajustable, flat sided. It has a comfortable rounded shape and plays well beginner to intermediate. I thought of recommending the speedmaker which is more undersized, but I think the journey is more controllable for a beginner, and the double o-ring response wears in nicely as they skill up.

2010 freehand 2

Kickside.

get aher an unresponsive and let her practice with that, :wink:

Catch 22 lol ;D

[quote=“MyRevival,post:21,topic:18812”]
You guys ROCK!!! Thank you for all the suggestions, even the goofy ones. I especially like the Duncan MG suggestion. We’ll be sifting through all the sizes, and tell you guys when she finally picks one.
[shadow=red,left]:D[/shadow] [shadow=red,left]:D[/shadow] [shadow=red,left]:D[/shadow]

If you search one drop yoyo on google you’ll find their store…
Go to that and buy her cyclon kickside…
Its basically kickside modded by Alex… Hes famous modder.
It cost same as normal kickside but plays WAY better

Ask her to pick the yoyo if its unresponsive than get some thick lube with it to make it responsive, then if she wants to move on to unresponsive clean the bearing

yomega raider? (or saber raider)
They’re very light, responsive, wing shaped, have ball bearing, cheap (8 dollars), come in variety of colors, definitely a step up from the fireball with respect to sleep time. However, they still don’t sleep nearly as long as the yomega dash or yoyojam lyn fury.

If she can handle the 68.5g, I’d say get the yomega dash, because it sleeps longer than the saber raider, due to its shape and larger bearing (almost as big as size c bearing), and is responsive. It’s also probably one of the best metal yoyos you can find for under 20 dollars, and aluminum is a very light metal.
I’ve broken my string doing ‘around the world’ (and the yoyo has a small scratch about 1mm long from hitting the floor) and the yoyo still sleeps for over a minute on most throws.

The reason I can’t recommend the yomega maverick, which is a little lighter, is because I’ve never tried one.

My yoyojam lyn fury is plastic, roughly the same weight as my dash, doesn’t sleep as long, and is less responsive (when stock). From what I hear, it’s made of a very resilient plastic, so it can also take quite a beating.

Sorry, I can only recommend yomega dash, because my neighborhood toy store only sells yomega.

Dont listen to the person before this post.

Get a Kickside and mod it, or buy one modded from Cyclon.

Thats what I said!!! >>>>>>>>>>>: (

If you want to spend like 50 for a metal that she can use forever, get a Aoda Free King or Dancing Pearl, the Gap may be a problem but i heard its pretty responive outta the box :confused: If not you cant fail with a Speedmaker its crazy light but decent

Well she got tired of hearing about different ones and just told me to get her one, so based on the recommendations and the sizing, I went with the Velocity. And I combined the order with some new bearings and some response pads for my DV888!