The Weight of a Counterweight....Hmmm?

Within reason dimensions don’t matter. Weight is the primary variable here.

actually they aren’t, and they’re open to anyone walking up to them and wanting to produce 5A CWs or throws. I thought they were because of all the internet drama and whatnot, which is why I took the opportunity at EYYC to ask questions directly. Brandon was really nice about it and told me the whole 5A history, this guy is a yoyo encyclopedia! I honestly don’t know how much of the 5A stuff I could talk about.

the bottom line is that they’re open to work with anyone willing to step up and talk to them about it. Obviously there is a bit of business involved in all of that.
about the “patenting a style of play”, there’s much more to it than it seems and seeing how the general public reacts to “business talk”, I can completely understand that they don’t put it all out in the open. But if you attend a major meeting where Duncan is, I’m sure there will be someone more than willing to talk to you about it.

I was personally opposed to it until I got to hear the whole story, now I completely understand it.

for the info, the terrapin dice is significantly heavier than any of the duncan CWs, I didn’t weigh it but it seems to be around 15g-ish. Not as heavy as a double dice setup tho, but definitely heavier than duncan CWs.

the lit up dice is probably one of the lightest CWs around.

The Terrapin X ball bearing die is 24x24mm and 17g. Some people find it heavy at first but like it after getting used to it.

I corresponded with Duncan via email and sent a breakdown photo of the ball bearing swivel and die. They liked the concept and had no problem with me giving them away.
Of the ones done so far all but two went with bearing purchases.
Brandon Jackson most likely had a TX S/C in the Severe hooked up with the Terrapin die

got the severe setup spot on, only it was mine, not Brandon’s (^,^)/

1 Like

Just did a dozen or so Ball Bearing C/W’s.
Going to put 'em out free with a few bearings.

Ohhh, I like clear…

In play I’ve noticed I prefer the Duncan dice over the bouncy balls… I find the bouncy balls a tad too heavy and it makes it feel different on tricks that have that windmill aspect. It kind of takes more effort to get a full rotation from the CW…

Thats just me though

I’m pretty sure the dice he showed was a reflective surface, but that dice is nice

I think I’m in love

I have one of those Terrapin X CW’s. They are clear and they are amazing!

I envy you. Too bad I’m only ordering 1 or 2 bearings.

Order more! You’ll really like the various Terrapin X bearing offerings. Flats, wing-cut(very slight concave), different sizes, ceramics and steel. Pretty much a one-stop bearing shop for the most part.

If it were up to me I’d buy a few of each but with the cost of going to the movies every weekend with my girlfriend and paying my phone bill my bank account tanks pretty easily(currently $31). Hopefully I will get one some day though, as I’m hooked with 5A and feel like the extra heft of that bearing would help