The trick that took me the longest to learn was...

Took me almost two years for brent stole and just got follow down after 3 years of yoyoing, haha.

Bind, I would say boingy boing but I only practiced it a few times over months and finally got it.

Boingy boing

No kidding? Iā€™ve watched a few of your videos and I think you got crazy mad skillz man. Iā€™m guessing you werenā€™t too concerned with landing that particular trick. :slight_smile:

The Sleeperā€¦ darn hardest trick i ever did seeā€¦

Mine was black hops. It took me months to do the last half when you hope into triple or nothing. Granted I didnā€™t practice it a lot cause it was frustrating but the other night I just went for it and became very good at the last half. Well at least up until double or nothing and his brother but it felt great finally hitting the whole thing. Nothing can compare to months of practice paying off. Thatā€™s what I love about yoyoing. No matter how much you learn thereā€™s always more you can learn or make up.

How can I tell? I havenā€™t learned them all yet! ;D

It would be a toss up between magic drop and brent stole.

Magic Drop was definitely a doozy for me as well.
For some odd reason, tricks like Brent Stole, Hook, and Follow came pretty easy for me.

I didnā€™t get hung up on not being able to do those tricks so since I couldnā€™t do them I just went on to something else. I always came back to them and tried to do them and if it didnā€™t work then I just figured I would get them eventually. Took a while but I got 'em now, haha.

Wowā€¦What string do you use?

Of the ones Iā€™ve learned, definitely Spirit Bomb.

Although I tried Rewind on and off for a good long time before I finally started landing it. I donā€™t know why, but itā€™s a deceptively difficult trick for me. Probably because Iā€™m not landing each string hit clean.

Eli Hops and Boingy Boing probably took me a couple hours each; but I still canā€™t do Boomerang! Weird, right? I donā€™t know why some tricks just click and others donā€™t. But itā€™s kinda fun!

At the time I learned those tricks, I used to whippiest string ever madeā€¦ Twisted Stringz Project-X.

My style has changed to more intricate and technical tricks, so I switched to a thin & slick stringā€¦ Nylon Kitties.

I can do Follow & Brent Stole on any string now a days. Learning it on Project-X was a big help though.

1.5 mountā€¦ or learning the under chopsticks mountā€¦ i dont know what it is called.

I keep seeing boingy boingā€¦ that took me like a week to learn. Seasick on the other handā€¦ oh momma. that actually might take the cake. I still cant do it really consistently

Boing boing, I can do it side style and the wrist mount ones and the one where itā€™s a reversed 1.5 front mount, but not the original one :stuck_out_tongue:

Trapeze, I actually went on a few year hiatus because of it.

I also thought I should add that I mainly do lacerations to get there now.

When I was learning trapeze I thought it was so hard I skipped it and continued learning tricks like "split the atomā€™ and ā€˜barrel rollā€™ fortunately when it came time I needed to learn it, it was much easier.

Black hops took me months to get and I still have to interrupt the flow of the trick to slightly adjust the string on my finger to together the last hop.

Yellow Airplanes.

11 years.

I still canā€™t do boing E Boing. Can anyone send me a video of it on a side mount or something. Boing E Boing wonā€™t click for me.

1 Like