The Ti-Vayder Experience

I own 3 raws

2 Likes

The only one is the Fulvia that plays close and is bigger

3 Likes

You might think this sounds weird… but the Dang 2 feels very close but bigger too

2 Likes

Put in an order for gray. I was hoping to snag a raw but those are gone. Snooze you lose I guess.

9 Likes

I was playing with polish vs matte on a ti flipper I had. I was going for a copper patina look. Always thought it would look good on a ti-vayder. More room in the cup etc. to work the blends. Every color is on the handles in some small way and it really changes up nice in the sun but is hard to photograph as you mentioned.

Congrats with SB! I was always inspired to get into aluminum anno from ya’lls picks.

7 Likes

Follow up, I have made a small run of yoyo holsters if people are interested! Introducing the Bear Hug! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If anyone wants a free Ti-Vayder sticker, PM me! I’ll send stickers to the first 5 people who PM me, so there’s a cap on how much work I have to do here. Be sure to provide your mailing address in the PM please to expedite things :wink: all done

Stock is running pretty low on grey and black so do be sure to order soon-ish if you’re gonna.

14 Likes

I’ve been away for over a year, I’ve missed all this.
in 2016 I wrote something to Heath … happy to see that it happened.!

5 Likes

I had to give a brother to the Ti-Walker # 75, at this point it was necessary.
A gray Ti-Vayder will soon leave for Italy.
“come to us great soul, she is summoned, she is waiting!”

10 Likes

I don’t think that you will be dissapointed! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Wow! From what I see You have a perfect Ti-Walker on your hands. :wink:
Look forward to having fun with mine!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

When the Vayder arrives, I will be able to tell you how it plays compared to the Ti-Walker but I am 99% sure that it is more or less the same thing, I have modified various recesses and used thicknesses or turned cups of many yoyos to change their response and gap … And I’ve never achieved anything so obvious or different.

1 Like

The Vayder plays better than the Original TiWalker.

I have 2 TiWalkers and 3 Vayders. No mistake. No dreaming. No guessing…

The Vayder is a better yoyo.

It’s even smoother. My Vayders are DEAD SMOOTH.

PS… just a random thought. Anybody notice Heath just kinda Vanished again?

Jeff was a Genius in getting this Vayder project done.

7 Likes

I received my stickers today! Thanks so much man.

2 Likes

I will be curious to verify in person … I also own a Ti-Walker, it will be interesting to verify if it really is so.
I will let you know my impressions as soon as I can.

p.s. a curiosity, why do you own 3 Vayder?
the purchases were not limited to 2 pieces per person to give everyone the opportunity to have them?

5 Likes

It’s proof that yoyodoc is actually two people. Yoyo, and Doc.

6 Likes

A third Vayder can be obtained via BST, or via a friend/SO who buys the third as a gift (as was the case with me).

There are still Vayders available so I don’t think opportunities to obtain them have been impacted by those rare few who have managed to acquire all three colorways.

3 Likes

asking is legitimate, if he took it used or was given it no problem was just a curiosity.
however, in principle, a rule is a rule, if they are still available it does not mean anything, there will still be a time when they will be finished and potential buyers who cannot do it, it will also be because of those rare cases that wanted to have all of them variants or more.

2 Likes

Explanation on why Mo has 3 Vayders>

I don’t remember the exact number offhand. But Jeff sent out a small number of unmarked Vayders to people he felt helped contribute in one way or another to the Vayder Project.

He decided that I was one of those people. So one day I got a box in the mail and lucky me.

I understood there would be a good number released. I understood there was some notice posted(somewhere) buyers would be limited to purchasing 2 of the Vayders. So that more people would have a chance at getting one.

Nobody ever mentioned to me that a person could not ‘own’ more than 2 Vayders. Just that an individual could not buy more than 2 Vayders.

I contacted Jeff and thanked him enthusiastically for being nice enough to put me on that inner list for a Free Vayder.

As soon as I threw it for a few minutes, I knew it was Seriously good! <> *Realize that I have had 2 Ti Walkers for years… so it wasn’t an unfamiliar shape or feel for me. But as well as the Ti Walker plays; the Vayder is simply better.

My next thought was, ‘These yoyos are going to sell very quickly’. I remember vaguely there were between 3 and 5 hundred? I wasn’t sure. But I do remember the plan to make enough so more folks would have a chance to own one.

So I waited for the initial full drop and just hoped there would be enough to go around?

There was some strong sales at the drop, but not ‘hundreds’…

Sales slowed. There seemed to be more than enough to satisfy those that want/wanted one.

I contacted Jeff and asked if he had enough left because I was in a buying mood?

He said plenty… Sales good but plenty left.

So I purchased my individual limit of 2.

…I’ve had a few people contact me and asking me how I can have 3 when you are only supposed to be able to buy 2?

Easy answer. I only bought 2. I didn’t try to Ace out anybody. I could have bought 50 of them and just sat on them for a spell🤓

I hear there are still some left.

Hard to believe that is true🤔

It’s the Best cost effective deal in the entire history of Titanium yoyos.

People are still trying to buy black #420 off me. Has something to do with weed or whatever?

…One guy told me, ‘I don’t even have one Vayder and you have 3. I told him there are still some left. Why don’t you buy one?

He told me he doesn’t have the money and he doesn’t spend that much on any yoyo. DOH!

That is waaay too funny. He doesn’t have the money for one. If he did, he wouldn’t spend it on one. But he thinks I am a yo-hog for having more than 2.

A real life adventure …

10 Likes

exactly.
inaftti you also followed the rule you bought 2 (the one that was given to you for testing is a different thing and has nothing to do with the purchasing rule).
Thank you so much for the clarification!

P.S. do you know how much the unsold to date are roughly?

3 Likes