FS: The Bear Hug: SOLD OUT FOR NOW - A handmade tailor-fit holster for the Ti-Vayder yoyo (fits most modern yoyos)

Hey yoyo friends,

Over the holidays I made 5 yoyo holsters that I am looking to sell. The Bear Hug is a design that I have been enjoying and improving over the years. I really love using mine and would love to share with a few other peeps. :slight_smile:

The design combines the strength, security and colour-pop of 550 paracord with the contouring shape and aesthetic of a leather strap. I custom cut each piece of leather so that it perfectly fits around the string (keeping it contained and clean) and complements the yoyo profile - giving it a clean look. This set was custom fitted to the Ti-Vayder yoyo but please see the footnote regarding fit. These are heavy duty and keep your yoyo secured to your belt loop.

All components are high quality and were manufactured in either USA or Canada except for the S-biners (they are Nite-Ize brand and are made in China - but are really nice).

• Includes my own string pick design that I hand form from clear anodized 5356-H18 aluminum wire. In my experience it has not caused any damage to yoyo finishes.

Price: $25 USD shipped/holster - shipping to either Canada or CONUS (from Canada). If you want more than one, I will discount the shipping.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Years!
Alex

Here’s the Dapper Bear in action! :stuck_out_tongue:

Footnote on Fit: The leather collars of these holsters were custom fitted to the Ti-Vayder. But this collar size is the most universal fitting of my designs and (based on my collection) I can say that this size will also fit the following yoyos like a glove:
- OD Markmont. Classic, Cascade and Kuntosh 5000qv
- Turning Point St. Elmo
- Crucial Whole Milk
- MagicYo Stealth
- YYF Wedge, Protostar, Northstar.
It fits the following yoyos with a slight looseness:
- YYF Metal Arrow, Genesis (2015), Czech Point Pivot
- CLYW Kayak
- RCS Ducc
- MagicYo K3
Everything else in my collection (e.g. YYF Shutter and Thesis Serenade) fit more loosely, so it still works fine, it just doesn’t look as clean.

19 Likes

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump?

Update: Business Bear is SOLD - Another is SOLD, colourway choice - PENDING.

3 Likes

Update #1: Previous sale ended up being custom orders, Business Bear is AVAILABLE again! :blush:

Update #2: Dapper Bear is SOLD!

2 Likes

i want the business bear

3 Likes

Awesome! I will PM you.

2 Likes

I have a dapper on the way I believe.
Super hyped for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Business Bear is SOLD!

2 Likes

@MoonageMin are you with Caleb’s order?

1 Like

Yup the vegan dapper is for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! I have the materials on the way, I will fill you guys in as the project develops. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

it will match my new grey vayder perfectly

4 Likes

I’m so excited for this! @Xanadu is an amazing person and is making some of these with vegan cork leather for me. It’s gorgeous and I can’t wait to use it every day!

4 Likes

i’ve been eyeing them for a hot one. the stars aligned withthe business bear

3 Likes

Bumpity Bump Bump Bump!

1 Like

i want to add a shout out to @Xanadu for my bear hug. i like how it isn’t obtrusive, or intrusive. i wrapped it around 2 dozen different throws for grins, and i think the tmbr eh, and one other chunker wasn’t going to fit it… i went from an m1, canvas, 888, bvm… a boatload

i like it, classy piece. seems pretty functional as well. and i like his 1 squeeze clip over 2 squeeze clip idea… know it’s time to ding it up :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks so much @fatguysnacks247! I’m really glad that you are enjoying it. I’m excited for my design to be in other people’s hands. :hugs:

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS! I have just discovered that these Bear Hugs also fit my brand new Markmont. Classic wonderfully! :heart:

4 Likes

It also works great for my TiHawk.

3 Likes

Oh hey @sloangulliver, you got it! Yay!

1 Like