The Throw Key: only a handful available

Newly redesigned version of our *simplistic & minimalistic” bearing tool: Throw Key

When the original tool was launched it sold out way too quick. ZipLine not only carried half of our stock, but @jeremypark reached out to me and about collaborating on some revisions, and together we recreated and rebranded this incredible tool.

More information @
@ZGRT
@ZipLineStrings

Features

•• compact and convenient “all-in-one” stainless steel design with precision machining

•• removal tool for C, D, and A size bearings

•• hex tool for standard size axles

•• string pick (revised version)

•• combo connect feature for hard to remove axles

•• key shaped lid prevents tool from rolling around and allows better leverage when using hex tool

•• integrated o-ring helps secure connection between lid and bearing tool – thanks to @Malachi for this feedback!

24 Likes

That looks so sleek and nice, I would like to ask what you’d think the price would be for it?

Thanks! Sure, the tool will be around $29. The changes required more complexity at the moment of machining the tool, but it came out really nice!!

4 Likes

some more pictures…

13 Likes

very excited for the updated string pick tbh. mine on the V1 has been very sharp, and also bends lol. tbh was thinking about breaking off the tip then rounding off the edges but a V2 fixes the issue entirely =]

4 Likes

Lol! Yes, the first version is very sharp. This version is not as sharp and it is sturdier. The other thing is that the pick screws into the D side which is less used than the C one.

6 Likes

I noticed that as well, minor changes that lead to a ton of additional usability. cant wait =]

3 Likes

When can we order?

They will be available tomorrow evening. You can check all the details at our IG or at ZL’s IG:

ZGRT

ZipLine

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting years for a tool like this, thanks guys. I have the original version already but I might pick up the new one as well.

3 Likes

Thanks!! Having a spare is always a good idea :wink:

3 Likes

As early as it is, Zipline was already sold out. So, I went shopping in Canada and had to pay the ~$13 shipping cost!

Oh well. I’m a sucker for tools. :wink:

2 Likes

Shipping the tool from Canada to the US should be $4 and tax free. I will adjust that for you :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you very much.

This is an example of excellent service and consideration. Above and beyond.

Thank you again, Jeff

4 Likes

Will you release the tool here one day?

4 Likes

Yes, I think we need to. That way you can order it along other stuff from here. One of the benefits of the tool though is that it can be mailed almost as an envelope which makes shipping less costly if going overseas.

5 Likes

Just got mine and I’m just curious what the purpose of the skinny part in the middle is for? Is there a purpose?

1 Like

if you mean where it screws onto the stringpick/keyring holder/axle tool, thats the a/d bearing tool.

the new design is a huge step up over v1. thank you for keeping this tool in production, its really awesome.

3 Likes

This

2 Likes