The rim is off

So, I felt it first and then noticed that the rim is slightly pushed apart from the yoyo, I dont know how this happened, but is there a fix for this?

1 Like

The rim is fit on the outside so should be an easy fix if you have a flat surface and a rubber mallet.

Take the yo-yo apart, remove bearing/axle, lay it steel ring side down on a flat surface, and smack it a few times with a rubber mallet. You’ll want to use a workbench or even just a piece of wood for your flat surface, don’t want to ding up your table.

6 Likes

It wont ding up the yoyo either, will it?? :confused:

1 Like

As long as it’s on a wood surface or something softer than metal you should be fine. I’ve hit several yo-yos with a rubber mallet and have yet to run into issues.

If you’re not comfortable with the DIY fix then I would contact the store you bought it from and they should be able to help you out. If you bought it from us I’ll even hit it with a hammer personally. :grin:

7 Likes

I’ll give it a shot, I got it from bst off OF here. Lol

1 Like

Now THIS is quality customer service :grin:

7 Likes

If it doesn’t work out let me know, I’ll still take a look at it for you :hammer:. You’d just have to cover shipping both ways since you didn’t get it from us. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

There’s not much in life that a BIGGER hammer wont fix. Just so satisfying! :+1:

5 Likes

A hammer can fix anything except broken relationships.

5 Likes

I did this to my YYF EDGE and occasionally the titanium cuts my palms but not much. Never enough to make it through all the layers of my skin & never enough to cause irritation. It is a bummer. That throw probably gets a lot of love!

1 Like

I’ll let you know how it goes, I sure appreciate your info my friend.

2 Likes

Might be a good idea to put a rag or thin washcloth / towel between the yoyo and the wood to prevent it from scratching the metal rim. Just to be safe.

3 Likes

If you get it back on and it’s loose you might want to use some adhesive of some sort. Light so it won’t throw off the balance. I’ll bet silicone would work… But for now just try to reseat it.

2 Likes

As the old saying goes>>>>>

“If you can’t fix it with a hammer or duct tape; you have an electrical problem”

4 Likes

I even make my wooden yoyos by simply beating a piece of wood with a hammer long enough until the right shape emerges.

6 Likes