Slipped bimetal rims?

I bought a charm from a guy and it came with a slipped rim, so anybody have any ideas on how to press it back in? And this is the second charm this has happened to me on, so has anybody else had this problem with the charm, or am i just an unlucky dude?

2 Likes

I think it will be more difficult if those aren’t exterior rims. You can try to put a towel on it and slowly hit it with a hammer.

2 Likes

I believe @YoYoExpertGarrett uses a rubber mallet on a wooden table?

3 Likes

You can send it to me and I will press the ring back in. No charge.
I would machine a sleeve; slightly smaller in diameter than the ring. The get a hole saw and bore a hole through a piece of wood; about 2/3rds the diameter of the yoyo half. Set the board on the ground or on a solid workbench. Set the yoyo half bearing side down; centered over the hole. Then put the sleeve against the displaced ring and tap with a hammer until it seats.
There ‘are’ other ways; though.

4 Likes

i think i somehow managed to just push it back in using the bottom of a drink can? the vibes still there, but there’s no more visible distance between the ring and the yoyo.

2 Likes

Yeah, I would probably just hit it with a rubber mallet until it looked good, yoyodoc has a much more professional approach so I’d say take him up on that!

4 Likes