Just damaged my yoyo in the dumbest way possible

Was working on cheese whip i think and knotted it so i took it off my finger, undid the knot, decided i was slick enough to bind it before i put it back on my finger. I can catch it easy in my hand right?

One of my favorites OD Draupnir took a trip to the cement and now both rims are misaligned and some dings in the rims.

I ordered a rim alignment tool and i hope it fixed it because it went from 9/10 smooth to 4/10 smooth real fast.

1 Like

Oh, that sucks! One time I was playing with my unparalleled nostalgia, and I threw it without attaching it to my finger…. vibed like crazy after that! I feel you.

Have you tried to pop them back in place by gentle stepping on it? I know @Albertino has had to do this a few times and that worked.

1 Like

So like one cup on the ground and stepping gently and then flipping it over to do other side?

This video might have some tips to help you out. Good luck hope you can get it back to a satisfactory state.

3 Likes

Thanks! Ill check this out.

No definitely take it apart first so it’s two halves. I haven’t had to do this yet but I’ve heard a lot of ppl say that worked for them but definitely don’t step on it without taking it apart.

3 Likes

Ah duh thatd destroy the axle lol derp of me.

So rim side on ground step on the inside of yoyo? Like bearing seat area?

Lol yeah I heard just lay it on the flat side with maybe a towel over it to protect your foot and gently put weight on it but like I said I haven’t had to actually do it

2 Likes

Understood. I may wait for the rim alignment tool since i already ordered it. Lord knows i got plenty others to use in the meantime hahaha

1 Like

Snag a PVC pipe end cap and slap it with a rubber mallet a couple times like @EOS44 did:

5 Likes

Oh dang, I followed everything in this ^ video, except I used the ‘step on the yoyo’ method with a towel over it. Worked wonders for my vibey throw. Went from like 6/10 to nearly smooth. I can’t believe it. Thanks for posting :pray:

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss

This is literally what I did to my old bi-metals that misaligned and now its fairly smooth, highly recommend this one for cheaper options.

I only have myself to blame. My weeks been pretty shitty so im not surprised i did something like this.

I already ordered a rim alignment tool, is that going to get the job done you think?

I think that works as long as it fits its diameter to the alignment tool

GUYS I GOT IT FIXED I THINK

I did the wrap in shirt and step on it a little harder than i was comfortable with.

3 Likes

Thanks for this it worked :slight_smile: