The perfect company for me??

I keep saying to myself, “I hate undersized,” but that’s all I have. Weird.

I think for me my favorite will always be One Drop. First off they’re local to me, Eugene is a chill town. They have done so much for all of us, machining throws for many smaller companies. They have done some amazing designs. Pushing the envelope of what can be done. Trying new directions. They seem to really care about the community, the Code Projects is just one shinning example. (Cascade, Burnside, Code 1, Code 2, Summit all great throws IMO, I still have to get a Dietz, Dang, Yelets, and Mark Mont to try out)

CLYW is a second… I love what they are doing. I could totally see hanging out drinking a few beers with those cats. Chris seems really humble and chill, I think they have put out some really innovative designs and are moving forward in a positive way. Not to mention Charles has a natural ability with a camera. I hope they keep pushing the humor and music in upcoming videos. (The Chief, Avalanche, Cliff and Puffin are a lot of fun, still looking to get a few more)

I like a lot of Spyy and G squared designs that I have tried. Still need to try a General Yo and a few others I have my eye on.

For me it’s not just the Yo-yo’s they make. All of them make really good products. It has a lot to do with the company that’s behind the products and how they see us the customers, the players and the pro’s.

I think that many of us here start off looking for the company that best “represents” them.

I didn’t. I don’t.

I’m not saying this is a pointless venture. The journey each of us take is unique. If we do find ourselves hooked on a single brand, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. This is a good time to yoyo. There’s a growing number of brands, from the established to the “up and comers”.

The down side is with so much to choose from, it can be very difficult for many of us to get our hands on that which we either would like or want. It’s too bad that some of us fellow players(at any skill level) are alone. By “alone”, I mean that there are no clubs, meets, stores and people willing to go out and meet with others, as well as possibly no nearby contests. Meets, clubs and contests are the best way to try out new stuff.

I’m not opposed to people being brand loyalists. If you like a brand a lot, then hey, it’s all good as long as you’re happy. As far as a “mainstream company”, YYJ really does it for me. Good stuff for all 5 major styles. I even converse frequently with a forum member who is extremely pro-YYJ.

My collection is large and fairly diverse, but if you do go through it, you will see some trends, mostly V-shapes and tend to be rim-heavy. That’s what I lean towards. I feel that with a growing collection, it’s important to bring it out and share it. I do.

What people should concentrate on is, especially if they have the opportunity, is to ask to try different stuff to expand their horizon and experience. If you’re competing, you really want to find the best yoyo that suits how you are currently playing. Play style can change, so what works now may not work ideal in a couple of years, that’s just humans constantly changing.

At the same time, if you fall into a groove with a company and just dig their stuff, there isn’t anything wrong with that either. The key is to enjoy what you are playing. We all must carefully choose how we spend our free time. We might as well enjoy what we are doing. Regardless of what company you choose to “align” with, or what yoyos you choose to favor, sometimes being a touch of selfish can be good. This is YOUR activity, and you should be happy with your choices.

If I had to narrow it down to a company, I’d probably choose YYJ. But, I’m a big fan of sOMEThING, OD and CLYW, C3 and RecRev. I also like Duncan and YYF and many other companies.

Trust me Studio, I don’t only stick to one brand.

I might have posted incorrectly, I mean its the only company where I like all their throws I have tried.

Not a company I will only buy from.

I’ve only had extensive experience with CLYW and YYF. From that I can tell you CLYW is my favorite XD. However, I have briefly tried a couple G-Squared throws and met a couple of their team members (awesome guys) and I’m itching to get a Triton or Albatross.

Another thing, just cuz someone thoroughly displays their enjoyment of a brand, and is considered a fan boy or brand loyalist; it doesnt mean jack. Little do most people realize, but most people loyal to a brand more often than not do infact purchase and enjoy other brands.

Like i said before. Pick one that looks cool to you, if they do right/wrong by you, you call the next shot.

Don’t psychoanalyze it and don’t take other’s analyzations too seriously.

I really love onedrop. The one yoyo that i did not like by them was the dietz, but competition style, h shape, under sized, light yoyos just aren’t my thing in most cases. Also, it smashed me in the temple and caused me to bleed all over the place, so it loses some points there. Other than that, I love every yoyo that they have come out with.

I am not only buying from this brand, I don’t only like them, and I love Duncan YYJ and YYF.

Almost all my throws are YYF.

I think you might be on to something. ;]

YYF is a great brand

Most of my collection is made up of YYF’s, but I also have Spyy, General-Yo, CLYW and soon, some YYRs. Yet to try a one drop…

Deadly SpINS is the company for me: However I really enjoy YYR and Werrd as well as some YYJ and YYF.

I’ve only tried one: the Wrath. But it’s a beauty! The profile of the Pride is completely up my alley, so I’ll have to think about getting one of those, too. :wink:

If you like the Punchline or Avalanche then you would love the pride! Super comfortable in the hand and plays great. Should be done in a month or so for full release :slight_smile:

When I first started throwing, I set out to try as many companies as I could get my hands on. Having tried quite a few now (although I suspect I haven’t got close to trying the number of throws as someone like Studio42), the throws that really stand out for me are those by VsNYYC and the Sturm Panzer Stealth Ogre. I will indiscriminately pick up anything I can find now or in the future by these two companies. Having said that there are a whole bunch of great companies out there. And I will continue to try whatever I can find. And I’ve said this before, I think it’s hugely important to support new companies, particularly in a relatively small close knit community like this where a few people’s support can make or break a venture, which could lead to big things. I’ve also been surprised, in a great way, by picking up a Capital Serum, made by one guy who really wanted it, and finding that the yoyo is really pretty darn good! That’s not to say that established companies don’t deserve a look in too (the YYF 7075 Catalyst is a dream), but I love the fact that small ‘companies’ can put out big products! So after that diatribe, I guess I’m a mixed bag - some I’ll support no matter what, but I’ll continue to get new fun stuff!

The dang is okay but the high walls make it so you have to use a grooved bearing for me at least I wonder is Paul dang uses it currently for contest? Anyone know? The burnside is a great throw I really like it. I just got a gzr code 1 and its nice I like it better than the regular code 1. I would agree tho that one drop is my choice for the dopesters company. I did like clyw and gen yo which I have quite a few of both of those but to many people hype up clyw and gen yo so I really have been dealing within the one drops more since they’re easier to get and perform so great :slight_smile:

I want to try the pride I had bought a wrath during the first release but traded it away. The light weight of the wrath made it too floaty in my opinion I wish it would re release with a heavier weight like 2-3.5 grams cause the shape is great especially all the extras. Do you have a picture or the specs of the pride? Just curious :slight_smile:

I like Onedrop because of their simplicity and playability, CLYW for their artwork and the designs of the yoyos, SPYY because they’re not hyped and play very well, Yoyojam just because, and General yo for the classyness. I do think that CLYW and General yo are over hyped, but play well.

I just received a SPYY Pro that I won in Dingo54’s giveaway, and I’m liking it. The beadblast on it reminds me of my 7075 Chief (only because it’s the only other yoyo that had a finish like the Pro). With the small selection of yoyos I’ve tried I have 2 favorite companies. My favorite based on the feel and appeal is CLYW. Performance wise… hands down is Yoyorecreation… hands way down.

1. General Yo. You have to admit, Ernie puts a ton of work and thought into each and every yoyos he makes. He then releases them in a small batch to keep people wanting. His yoyos are beyond smooth and as I said, amazingly designed. Plus, his Competition (B) Grades are smoother than a lot of A grades out there.

2. C3YoyoDesign. Great yoyos at a great price. These yoyos are pretty top notch. Really enjoyed the MO-vitation I tried and just are a great company

3. CLYW. This company probably has the most character and theme. I love how they theme their yoyos to the outdoorsy mythical creatures theme. Their yoyos are also well designed and each one has a unique personality.

I like so many more brands, but I’m too lazy to talk about them all.

Unfortunately, VsNYYC is pretty dead ;(