The magic drop

So I think I’ve finally landed it and I can also do it pretty consecutively. Problem is, I’m not sure if I’ve got the mount correct. I feel like I’m doing it right and it looks right, but I’m not sure.

This is my end product:

The yoyo is on the back string. Is that right?

Yeap that’s it. I still have trouble with magic drops sometimes. ::slight_smile: Tough trick to get down.

yooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu got it

If you don’t already, try it with your throw hand thumb pointing straight up throughout the whole trick.

thank you greg u helped me out a lot

This isn’t my thread but i need help with this trick actually. Everytime i do it, the string doesn’t like, Slide off, and it just goes around my throwhand. ???

i got the same mount like you. as first i thought if it go around in the front it has to land on a brother mount, but then i try to hit the second string
if you around the front, the string will reject easier

Since you just figured this out, got any tips, what helped?

What helped me with Mgic drop was when I have it in trapeze and moving the yoyo under my throw hand is to actually twist my non-throw hand pointer finger to help guide the yoyo to the back string. It has to be a slightly suttle movement because if you turn the loop on your non-throw hand too much, the string won’t reject on your throw hand.

When I was learning this it helped for me to consciously keep my throw hand wrist from turning as the yoyo swings around it. Keeping the wrist steady and my thumb pointing up helps the string reject easier.