The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Finally landed a few reps of asian pops on houdini mount - still kinda sketchy tho

2 Likes

Nice! I love pops! I just landed pops to 1.5 mount and 1.5 Eli hops.

2 Likes

ooooooooo weee just landed hidemasa hook…finally

9 Likes

Just spent my entire lunch break working on beef hook some more. I had switched to just trying to do it from a trapeze and that helped me understand what should be happening with the string and yoyo. Now working on the “flowy” beefhook from double or nothing and landing it maybe 1 in 10 tries now. I’ve been working on this trick on and off for months now, feels so freaking good to finally have it “click” and be able to hit it, and not just out of pure luck lol.

9 Likes

This is inspirational! There is hope!

2 Likes

Finally feeling confident with beefhook so decided to take a quick video. Though I do only have one response pad on this yoyo, so binding is fun

5 Likes

Dude, I’m jelly. Great job!

2 Likes

Have you tried it from double or nothing? I think it’s easier because you get some momentum from the little flip before tossing the yoyo over, which helps bring that loop around your TH pointer. I’ve also found having my TH higher than my NTH helps too.

3 Likes

the first horizontal thing in jensen’s 2013 calstates
doesnt really score anything but looks so cool

3 Likes

I love the contest scene, but judging tricks based off how they score is super cancerous to the hobby imo.

3 Likes

I miss that feel a lot pal.

3 Likes

I FINALLY figured out how to do magic drop! FINALLY!

9 Likes

did mavetrick vol.1

4 Likes

I just landed the 2.5 hook!!! I had just decided that 2.0 was too easy: I’ve been hitting it consistently. Man, the 2.5 feels good. Now excuse me for a moment while I attempt a 3.0…

6 Likes

Oh. My. Word.

I JUST LANDED THE 3.0 HOOK TOO!!!

8 Likes

Finally got the Rolling Inverted GT from Tyler Severence’s Bite Sized Tutorials. Needs some work to be a smooth repeater but at least the mechanics are down.

5 Likes

I just started hitting this consistently too! Super satisfying to be able to repeat it.

2 Likes

2.0 requires a bit more precision than 2.5 imo

with 2.5 you can wrap the first string around your throwhand wrist and have a wider distance between the strings.
with 2.0 you line up all yo fingers

1 Like

Finally landed a Spirit Bomb… well I think I did… only needed to roll the yoyo back onto one string once to get out of the mount (thought you had to do two rolls like a wrist mount).

Managed to land it a couple times after, but sometimes missing the string underneath…

4 Likes

The dismount is the same as from regular wrist mount, though there should be an extra twist somewhere in the mount (which doesn’t affect the dismount)

3 Likes