The "I Finally Landed It!" Thread

Non-dominant jump-ropes aren’t terribly hard to do. They’re hard to do consistently, but I can manage to do them (surprisingly!).

1 Like

Woah, what’s a non dominant jump rope?

1 Like

It’s just a jump rope while throwing with your non-dominant hand instead, so everything is reversed.

1 Like

Fingerspin transfer onto the tip of a pen, then drop a BB in the cup of a yoyo (better if yoyo has thumb grind lip) and sit back and listen to the BB screaming in the yoyo while pen-spinning.23%20PM

5 Likes

put fairy sprinkles instead.

1 Like

lmao no, that sounds like that mail trap mark rober made.

This makes me think now you have a portable roulette table :yum:

2 Likes

Finally hit my first smooth Funny Bone… been struggling hard to keep the yoyo on line throughout this trick. The Jade Whip at the end is annoying as well… especially as I can hit Jade Whip almost 100% normally…

6 Likes

I hit Spirit Bomb a few times now. The first half is smooth, the second part is sketchy. Gotta keep practicing.

6 Likes

Reverse Bee Sting. I was overcomplicating that trick waaaaaay to much.

4 Likes

I think at first most 5A tricks are easy to overcomplicate at first, but Reverse Bee Sting more than others.

I hit a non-dominant Hidemasa Hook finally! I don’t understand why I didn’t get that b4 a non-dominant Beefhook???

4 Likes

I just landed the wrist mount with the “proper” dismount. For some reason I didn’t realize that at the end you had to put your finger into two strings for the dismount, and I was baffled for a few hours learning this today. I got really good at getting into the wrist mount because of it though, and now it is as comfortable as a double or nothing (even easier to nail actually). Sometimes I think figuring out exactly what to do is the hardest part of learning new tricks, lol

Next up is spirit bomb!

7 Likes

Managed to land a Spirit Bomb this evening, I am dead chuffed! Now to practice some more…

7 Likes

Good luck! It’s a fun one, challenging to land, a bit tricky to figure out what’s going on at first.

1 Like

I’m only landing Spirit Bomb on rare occasions but at least I know what is happening now which makes a massive difference

4 Likes

Finally landed Spirit Bomb! Here is a little video that shows how I feel about it:

8 Likes

I attempted follow for the first time this morning and did it a few times successfully. I watched a tutorial for it a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t really understand it and then today I thought “hey you know what, I’m just going to try it” and it was easier than it looked.

2 Likes

^^ link to the trick? I dont follow you :wink:

Which part are you having trouble with? Personally my biggest issue is the first catch after the wrist mount. The second one that you have to land into the triangle, the supposed “hard part”, is easy (basically just land in the middle between your thumb and pointer).

1 Like

Make sure to really guide the string, don’t be shy about making a big motion with your TH! and make sure your string tension is not too loose nor too tight, this trick will actually tighten your tension!

1 Like