The guitar player's thread

Ahhh PAF… hehe

It is a shame Gibson pickups are so much $$$ the 57 classics are sooo good!!!

I actually lucked out with the pickups in my Lester… I always change them out to something else but this time I was so happy with them.

I do it I just don’t have strings ATM so I’m giving it to my teacher who does.

I’d put '57’s in the 335… If I had the money. As it is, that bridge+tailpiece is gonna cost me $200! I may actually have to go with DiMarzio’s in that too, gold plated SD’s are rare and expensive!

Yea they are!! But a good bridge and tailpiece can add a ton of goo tone as well!!

So where do you guys get your parts? I’ve seen a couple websites but some of them for have what I’m looking for. Also that is a beautiful guitar love the tailpiece and white on gold. I’m planning on slowly doing upgrades to my dot.

Allparts, guitarfetish… You really need to research yourself… Find something, and then ask.

PS: I hope that didn’t come off as harsh, cause it wasn’t supposed to.

Lets revive this! Here’s my current rig.

Guitars
-'06 Epiphone Les Paul Standard with GFS Fat Pat pickups and a custom tone circuit.
-Heavily modded Squire Affinity strat ('02) New neck, bone nut, GFS Crunch Pat bridge pickup, mirror pickguard, button switching and reduced knobs to 2, and moved them to a better placement
-Kit Built Purple Telecaster, Thick neck, sounds amazing (Selling if anyone is interested)
-PRS SE Custom 24, whale blue
-Yamaha F335

Pedals
Pre-amp
-True Bypass Cry Baby
-RAT2
FX Loop
-Ibanez (early 80’s) FL-9 Flanger
-Carbon Copy Delay
-T-Rex Tonebug Reverb

Now my Amp setup
Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18
Custom made 112 cabinet with Governor 12 (loud as most 212’s)

Currently using an Epiphone Dot into a Marshall Mg30x Special edition. Hopefully I will be getting new pickups and some pedals for Christmas. Then me and my dad are going to try and build something, more than likely a strat.

The best part of building a guitar isn’t the product, it’s building the actual thing.

Being able to actually watch everything come together and in the end hopefully work is probably amazing. So much pride in what you do in the end. I can’t wait to do it myself. I Still think your build was great.