The guitar player's thread

Looks like a good one. A step away from DADGAD which is a common tuning for Celtic music.

Done right, it should only take less than a minute to retune the one you suggested! You already have a “D”, so you play the D and what WAS the low E at the same time, retune the low E listening for “beats” to tell you once you’ve got the right note.

Repeat for the high D (what WAS the B). Same trick for the G. You already have a “G” so you use that one to retune what WAS the high E.

Mere moments.

If I am not mistaken Kashmir is played in that tuning… Great song by a great band!!

1 Like

Pretty sure Kashmir is DADGAD.

check out Fripp’s standard tuning. It’s awesome.

I tune to B for Carcass songs…Bill Steer is fun to watch live.

I also tuned to Drop A once…Too much…lol

The lowest I’ve gone is Drop C. I cant go any lower otherwise the buzzing annoys me.

SO, went to a music store, And Played a Jackson Rhoads V to test it out…It played so beautifully…It’s shape and tone were great for a thrashy black metal style playing…SO awesome! and it was only $300…Darn…

Someone was selling a genuine Jackson Rhoads V for $300? I probably would have bought it on the spot if I had been there. :wink:

I know, the other was for 350, they were having a clearance blow out sale…I was enjoying playing it so much. Sounded smexy as could be.

i found this vid and thought it was pretty cool so yeah.

Songsterr.com offers what ultimate-guitar.com calls a “pro tab”, where you see the tabs as the song plays through, for free.

Cool, I like playing with backing tracks.

Learning some slam / Brutal Death metal songs…Takes a bit…lol

I have a epiphone special flametop edition it only came out for a short time i also have a raven amp, a rg38 and digitech whammy pedal

When I’m trying to write a song, I think that everything just doesn’t sound right, but everyone else is like, “OMG, that’s amazing!”.

YES!!!

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!

I can play a C chord :stuck_out_tongue:

…Total skillage.

Wait, now I’m confused…

I’m working on songs from Two Door Cinema Club.