The first metal yoyo

I am going to buy my first metal yoyo,I have 4 choices and dun know which suit for me better,DNA/ 888/ superstar/ skyline

I would use KK bearing
can u gays give me some advice??

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

Fill that out… It will help narrow things down

1. What size do you prefer? medium
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape) I am not quite clear which is which
  3. What response do you prefer? silicone (is that the one with legacy?)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it? just replace by the KK bearing
  5. Does color matter? doesn’t matter
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?) something like Kamikaze/ Ladder escape, more techinical tricks…and something whiping, snack trick is less
  7. What is your price range? that my 4 choices should be the same price, doesn’t it ?
  8. What is your skill level? advanced to master in the skill list of the web

Medium size is hard to get out of those yoyos you listed.
Have you considered a CUT? It’s one of the few medium sized metals out there. If you want one of the yoyos on the list, find out which you like more: undersized or regular sized?

If you like undersized, get the 888 or Skyline. A good way to choose between those is the shape,
H-shape or butterfly shape? If you like the H-shape, go with the Skyline, if you like the butterfly shape, go with the 888.

Now, if you like large yoyos, get the DNA or SuperStar. And the exact same things go for those too: H-shape or butterfly shape. If you like H-shape go with the SuperStar, if you like the butterfly shape, go with the DNA.

If you don’t know which shape is which look at these photos:
http://www.yoyonation.com/product_detailed_images.php?productid=16809
That’s the SuperStar with the H-shape, notice how on the rims there is a part where it goes higher, that’s the H-shape.
Here is the butterfly shape:
http://www.yoyonation.com/product_detailed_images.php?productid=16803
Notice how it doesn’t look like the H-shape, it doesn’t go up like the H-shape.

The difference between the two is how they feel. The H-shape also makes more of the wheight towards the rim, making it spin a bit longer.
So which one do you like?

Out of those yo-yos, I would probably recommend the SuperStar for you.

Fixed.

If you feel the need to fix that, you should fix the rest of it too, while you’re at it. :slight_smile:

A Superstar is a great choice. It is medium sized, and because of the crazy weight distribution, it has amazing sleep times.

You can see it used here…

Pwnage.

Those are good choices- but remember, you don’t have to have the best to be the best. Look around on YYN. They have tons.