The "extra" bearing in the ProtoStar came loose?

Today from a bit of intense learning of new tricks (which included having to unscrew the ProtoStar many times to untie some nasty knots), I found out that the bearing lodged into the side of one part of the yo-yos came loose. It is currently “stuck” on the center trac bearing and not in the side as it previously was.

PICTURES:

The bearing’s kind of stuck on top of the center trac bearing. I applied a little bit of force just to check it out and it’s stuck on there pretty tightly.

It used to be here. There are streak marks inside where it used to be … I’m guessing it was glue or some sort of adhesive?

I’m unsure of what to do next. I’m just kind of worried about how the ProtoStar will function this way. This is my first unresponsive yo-yo.

As of right now, my ProtoStar is working just fine. The only difference is the bearing attached to the center trac when I unscrew it and the need for a few more rotations to screw in both bearings.

Should I just leave it like this? Will it affect my performance in any way?
Also, is this bearing used for adjusting the gap? How can you do this?
Thanks in advance!

Sorry for any noobiness.

What you see there is the bearing seat, the thing that holding the bearing into the yoyo correctly.
If it working fine, just leave it be.
Maybe, it fit more to the bearing, from the effect of the plastic baing worn out after a few intensive unscrewing.
Becareful not to overtighten it, the plastic may crack if you do it.

What you see there is the bearing seat, the thing that holding the bearing into the yoyo correctly.
If it working fine, just leave it be.
Maybe, it fit more to the bearing, from the effect of the plastic being worn out after a few intensive unscrewing.
Becareful not to overtighten it, the plastic may crack if you do it.

Nothing wrong with it, mine does that all the time and my PGM (PLastic Grind Machine) the bearing seats came stock loose, plays fine, honestly nothing to worry about!

Protostars do that all the time. Don’t worry about it. :wink:

The “extra bearing” you speak of is actually just a spacer. When the yoyo is together the spacer sits in the bearing seat as it should. Hopefully you dont get something in your bearing b/c the spacer is a PITA to get apart from the bearing…

Thanks for all the answers!
It’s greatly appreciated.

My yo-yo is functioning fine but now it’s making a different noise than before. It’s not as “high” as the sound it made before. Should I be worried about this?

don’t fret the sound, fret how it plays, and if it plays fine,

Now playing: Daughtry - No Surprise
via FoxyTunes

Alright thanks.
It’s playing just fine.

Every time I screw it in it makes a shrill squeaking sound. Should I put some lube in it?

do you mean the rubbing against plastic makes a squeeking sound, then no. if you add lube, it will slow down the bearing making it play responsive or somewhat grabby.

its a spacer :wink: use a pin to get out :wink: