The Duncan FREEHAND is back!

A coned fitting helps, but not necessary. The new spacers and axle don’t allow for a nut push like the old Zeros.

@yoyodoc has another video about removing axles

Chirs Makita also has a video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKO9Y5bBzRR/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

2 Likes

Ahh I see, thank you! We’ve come a long way from the slam it days.

1 Like

I did mine with the Unknown caps. The grey/black is real nice

15 Likes

Tonight!

FreehandOne-USAedition

20 Likes

Welp, I guess it would be unpatriotic of me not to get one. I keep seeing how much everyone is in love with these, possibly for its versatile in modding and it’s overall abilities, likely also its cherished history. Am I missing something else, what’s all the craze? Either way I’ll know shortly :us::eagle:

4 Likes

Hello All!. I received my very first (2 really) Freehand Ones. Getting used to them but initail thoughts are good! I stink at 5A though… going to have to work on that.

My question is in regards to the packaging. I guess I thought they would come in this sort of packaging…

I ordered 2 (2022 Nats and Blue) thinking I would keep the Nats in the package.

2 Likes

Which blue did you order, the blue with white caps pre release? The only ones that don’t come with package that I’ve seen is the Nats version and the red, blue, and yellow pre release versions.

2 Likes

The blue with white caps.

Yep you got two of the only ones in that type of packaging.

1 Like

Nats edition was in a ziploc, lol. Not sure if that’s because of a rush to get them to the contest, or just the way the cookie crumbled. @YoYoExpertGarrett or @bjardin could confirm for you though.

1 Like

Blue with white caps is preproduction and did not come in clamshell. The black print on the caps is another give away that its preproduction.

2 Likes

I think that’s just how they were packaged for sale at Nationals. Same as the original Red/Blue/Yellow versions.

5 Likes

Can verify the ones at nats were just in plastic bag

I also have a couple empty Freehand packaging shells here at the office, you can remove/insert the yoyos without damaging them. Feel free to send me a pm if you want one!

7 Likes

Hi Garrett. I just placed an order for a few items in the store. If I could take you up on that Freehand packaging that would be sweet!!

3 Likes

I saw the claim of weight difference so checked myself - it’s true there is like a 7g difference in weight:

11 Likes

Is there anywhere I can buy freehand axles or an axle the same size? my hulking muscles over tightened my new FH1 and snapped the axle! :sob:

I saw in a thread here from 2013 that you can get bolts and an axle from Home Depot but I’m so huge and muscly I can’t fit through their doors! Plus I would like one with the smooth center area like the stock FH axle.

PM’d an option.

2 Likes

Making a bad day better! I was having a blast trying all the configurations and I got careless. I instantly loved the FH from first throw and was having a blast until tragedy occurred.

3 Likes

Retailers placed an order for FH1s axle replacement/upgrade kit. They should have it in no time.

3 Likes