The Best Yoyo String Ever?

Sochi and ZipLine are collaborating and will eventually be releasing their “Alpha Line” in 100pks.

5 Likes

My current favorite. I like original throw and twisted strings also .

2 Likes

Angel Hair yoyo string, felt like fishing wire, was rough on the finger, constantly slipped off my throw hand, but man when you finally broke that string in it was like silk, so nice and soft and easily whippable it was heavenly… then I ran out and haven’t been able to buy any.

I managed to find some in the U.K. but because of covid the owner of the store wasn’t able to ship to the U.S. anymore and probably won’t in the future unfortunately.

3 Likes

I haven’t tried those yet

@pinhead have you tried BBB String Theory? It’s pretty similar. I still have Angel Hair on a few yoyos. It’s great for the Flea, and A-bearing unresponsives.

I think my favorite string of all time is The White from @Dust. Haven’t seen him around lately but I still have a couple of those. I love the YYSL Plutonium. That’s what I’ve been buying.

I should try @BadWolfeCo.

9 Likes

I loveeeeeee plutonium… sooooo good

4 Likes

I consider YYSL to be boutique since it’s on the pricier side. I have only tried Type-X which was way too thin.

For bulk I like Buddha string made by yoyo-best-buy and MFD Vines.

2 Likes

I could see that but I consider bulk anything that you can get in large quantities. You can get 100 packs of yysl

2 Likes

I don’t know if I agree with that metric. You can buy Markmont strings in packs of 100 at $1 per string for Cumulus Foam (my favorite).

Maybe YYSL is more of a bulk-tique string? A 50 pack of YYSL Plutonium is $30 on YYE which could buy you 200-300 strings of other types of bulk.

3 Likes

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate it. I have to smile because I’ve always thought of YYSL as boutique. I started out with just me in my house, and then had my sons or their high school friends helping out. Now they’ve moved on and it’s still just me and one other “lab tech”lol.
Anyway, to me, buying in bulk at the grocery store usually means getting a better deal since you are buying a larger quantity, whether it’s a cheap product or name brand. Applying that to string, if you’re getting a deal because you’re buying a bigger package, whether it’s basic string or one of your favorites, I feel like that’s buying in bulk. Maybe if a brand only sells larger packages they are a bulk string company?

12 Likes

poof
Im still around, but quietly in the shadows. @ me anytime and I shall appear.

And THANK you @Myk_Myk . That means a lot. Ive got a batch made up ready to be used. If anyone needs any, PM me and well work something out. <3 you fam!

4 Likes

Best string ever!

Now I will be trying the BBB string theory! I’d gotten some Markmont Night moves, Draken, and Dragon that feel very similar, and so far really enjoy, but I’m excited to try out more stuff.

Thank you very much for the recomendation!

Also, I back trying out BadWolfeCo. they’re stuff is great. I really enjoy their plush to which they have a sample pack available to find out what size you enjoy more.

1 Like

Mine is my homemade nylon, but zip lines skyline is great too.

1 Like

Markmont Formulas. Not sold in large, bulk, quantities that I know of. But it’s not needed. I’ve gotten over a year out of one DRAGON. The others last super long as well. I love all the Formulas Markmont has, but DRAGON, Blue Eyed DRAGON and Formula 65 are my favorites.

I don’t know of what I’d call the “best”, I use a lot of different string for different applications. YYSL Type X and Kitty Fat for my responsive and 4A yoyos. Monkeyfinger Vines, Kitty Fat, Zipline, Markmont.Formulas for 1A yoyos, and the FistSalud Loop string for 2A.

7 Likes

My favorite bulk is One Drop string since it’s yellow and the the perfect length with slipknots already tied, not to mention it was like $12/100pk; it’s out of stock now unfortunately. My other favorites are Monkeyfinger Vines (phat and regular, available in 100pks direct from manufacturer) and Kitty Fat. Sochi was okay but I can’t deny it is a great deal. As is Original Throw, especially because Kitty continues to go up in price. I also have some Markmont Cumulus Foam I need to try, I’ve heard great things about the Formulas but the only one I’ve tried is the DRAGON that come w/ MCMOs. They’re really nice, if very different from what I normally use, and I can confirm they last forever.

4 Likes

Just dropped a new video. Huge yoyo string lab unboxing and I teach my wife the brain twister.

3 Likes

I’ve got a huge video on this coming in a few weeks.
Stay tuned!

4 Likes

I have found that good yoyos can really make mediocre strings play better that they actually are and the opposite of this isn’t always the case.

5 Likes

What are your experiences with this? This has me curious!

2 Likes