The Auldey Magnum! From Marcus Koh!

Here is the full review for the Auldey Magnum!!!
Designed In China
Made In China
Release Year 2013
Weight (g) 70.3
Diameter (mm) 57.30
Width (mm) 44.16
Trapeze Width (mm) 42
Shape H-Profile
Body Material Aluminum
Rim n/a
Bearing Type Curved Bearing
Bearing Size Size C (Large)
Response Original
Twist-apart Twist-Apart
Spacer None
Bind Bind Required
Surface Smooth Processed
Maintenance Pad/Sticker/O-Ring Change Required

1: The Packaging: Nothing special here really, it is just a plastic box.

2: The look: This yoyo is beautiful, you could see your reflection from the 2 gold rings on each side, the engraving is just incredible and it has a bright red color on it. Honestly it is the prettiest yoyo I have ever seen because of the simplicity and the engravings.

3: Performance/Overall Feel: The first throw is DEAD SMOOTH (Smoother than the Aviator, which I thought it would be impossible), due to its standard Konkave bearing and the awesome weight distribution. The yoyo is 70.3 grams and it is bigger than a P.Wave! So the yoyo definitely feels heavy. The yoyo when thrown takes alot of work, however the yoyo flows with the momentum, it is VERY easy to go fast and accelerate when you put the effort into it. This yoyo also have a wide string catching space, which makes it easier to catch then most yoyos. This yoyo is also a beast at horizontals due to its flow with the momentum.
4: Conclusion 8 years ago when I was only 9 and also in China, I always play Auldey yoyo from the show Blazing Teens. Those yo-yos were downright horrible. I broke like 20 of them and to the point I give up yoyoing all together. Now it is a whole different story, this yo-yo defied my stereotype toward Auldey. Its smoothness is unmatched, and the combination of speed and the momentum will reward you greatly. I have owned top tier yoyos like P.Wave, Aviator, Shutter, Barracuda. I tried yoyos from H.O.T, One Drop Cascade, Format C and even benchmarks from Grame Zellar. This yoyo beats them all for MY (I did not say Magnum is better than all for everyone.) playstyle, it is fast,stable,heavy, and its just GORGEOUS looking.

Great review, put in a picture of the catch zone to add to the gallery…

Thank you for the review!! Awesome. I’ve been contemplating picking one of these up.

It’s an OK review I would say. I think you can put more emphasize on the performance/overall feel section.

Anyway, is the shiny part on the yoyo like a cap of some sort. they do look pretty.

thanks for the response, I will definitely do better next time on p.wave.
The 2 gold rings on the yoyo are not caps, they are like weight rings to make the incredible weight distribution happen, and help out the looks. :smiley: