The American or Element?

I’m going to buy a new Gentry signature, and I’ve narrowed it down to the Element and the American. I would love to hear what you guys think about them and which one you think I should get.

3 Likes

I don’t have a great objective reason for it but I prefer the American

3 Likes

They are very, very different. I like The American waaaay more. It has a unique feel and is fun. The Element is fine but takes me a lot of work to keep it stable because I’m not Super Yoyo Guy. This is not a judgement on the Element, it’s just that it’s not my thing and I don’t like it that much. It’s a fine yoyo that I am sure lots of people prefer to the American. From my own experience and based on my skill level, I’d recommend the American.

4 Likes

How do you find the American compared to the Sutter?

2 Likes

I prefer the American to the Shutter but the American is supposed to bridge the gap between the Super G and Shutter. There is no way to tell you what yoyo you will like more. If you are looking for a more unique-feeling yoyo the American is it.

1 Like

I only played the American for a little bit, but I really liked it. I have the Element and like it too, but @ChrisFrancz is right that they are so different.

Do you want a wide yoyo? The Element is wide. The American is closer to the Shutter.

2 Likes

I’m really just looking for something that feels unique and it sounds like the American is the way to go for that.

2 Likes

The American feels unique and as you can see the shape is pretty cool.

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys I’m going to buy the American tonight!

3 Likes