The Almighty Duncan TORQUE!

I told myself that if I got at least a 3 minute sleep time off this bad boy, I’d give ol’ Duncan a lengthy review with pretty pictures and all.

It got 3:40.

Onto the review!

Specs
Diameter: 56.00 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 43.2 mm / 1.70 inches
Gap Width: 4.2 mm / .16 inches
Weight: 65.8 grams (Although the box says 67.1)
Shape: Stepped V
Bearing Size: Dif-E-Yo KonKave Bearing - Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: Duncan SG Stickers
Also Compatible W/ CBC or K-Pad (Slim Pad Size)

Play
I was blown away! It honestly plays like a YoYoRecreation. Fast, stable, spins for days, incredible for horizontal. I easily get away with 60 second combos. Side style combo, 1/4 rotation gyro flop to horizontal, combo, gyro flop it back, little more to finish it off, and strong bind. I can NOT believe that I only had to trade 2 20 dollar bills for it. It also takes rejects well too. But, as the finish shows, not the best for grinds… Really wish they would’ve blasted under the step. It’s my new favorite, above the 100 or so throws I’ve tried, and the 60 or so I’ve owned. Oh yeah, SUPER quiet! Even the one I threw at Disney (which was banged up to oblivion) was dead silent.

Finish
Finishes actually look pretty nice in person. Especially the gray, blue, and raw. I got the gray, and I love how it looks. As said, not the best for grinds. It’s a glossy finish that looks fantastic in the sun. I honestly would’ve liked it more without the engraving, but whatever works.

Bearing
Oh this konkave! Dead quiet, and dead smooth. They picked correctly.

Response
The stock duncan pads are actually pretty nice. String doesn’t try to touch the walls when pulled halfway up the string from a sleeper, but snags tight when you want it to.

String
May as well give duncan’s string it’s own little section. Mine’s been on for nearly a week and I really like it. I may even invest in some. It’s nice and bouncy when you first get it. Bright, and hold tension. Lasts pretty long too.

Price
It does NOT get better than this. Ever. $45? Pick one up. You will not regret it.

EDIT: it also fits size 2 lateral caps!

2 Likes

Great pics and great review. Cant wait to get mine tomorrow. Got it for $25 on the bst. Pink too which is what I wanted!

Thanks! and you won’t be disappointed!

Great review and pictures. I bought mine the day after it became available at Downtown Disney and I have enjoyed it ever since.

Awesome review. I’ll be purchasing one thanks to this review. For real.

Awesome! Glad to hear it

Finger spins?

It looks awesome, but I hate the engravings.

Duncan’s KKs are amazing!

I should be getting one in a trade (gold). They’re soooo good.

And yes @skyguy01 fingerspins work nicely if thrown at an angle (not completely horizontal like on the Prestige).

Man, who doesn’t hate duncan’s engravings?

They’re Dif-E-Yo!

Does it really fit size 2 lateral caps? And if so, are they easy to remove?

Aren’t they ten ball?

Got mine today! Gold. Man this is good. I got an even 7 minute spin with it, stock.

Impressive…

I managed to try one at GA States yesterday and I’m thoroughly impressed by its performance. It handled horizontal better than I imagined

Really nice review! Love the pics and what your thoughts were on it. I’ve been debating getting one, but now after this review, im for sure gonna get one now thanks to this! :slight_smile:

Awesome! I’m actually carrying mine today ;D

Nice review!!! This thread caught my eye as I just threw a buddy’s torque today… played MUCH better what I expected and is quite a decent yo-yo! I would get one myself, if it wasn’t for the lacking aesthetics (probably shouldn’t be a factor, but I’m picky that way :P)… Strengths of the yo-yo were nicely represented by the review, great job!!! I tried switching the KK out for my DS, played significantly better (for me at least)… :)…

DS? and glad you like it!