Duncan Vendetta Review

I have been wanting to try this throw for quite a while. I finally managed to get a really good deal for one through trade. It came in the mail, and I have now played it enough to confidently write a review of it.

Specs:

Shape Butterfly / Wing
Weight (g) 65.60
Width (mm) 36.13
Diameter (mm) 53.80
Gap(mm) 3.82
Bearing Size C size

First Impressions:

I pulled each half out of the bubble-wrap I received it in. Nice diameter size. Nice anodization too. I screw it together. I was really impressed with the way it felt in the hand. I would call it “V” shaped, but it’s more of a slim organic profile if you ask me. I unscrew it again, to check out the guts a little more. It seems like the Pad recess isn’t too deep. I pulled out the worn down pad and throw in one of the 13.7mm pads I have.

Looks:

Again, the anodize is really nice. It’s bright, and I like how it looks. It says “Vendetta” on the rim, and inside the hub, it has an Eagle with it’s wings spread. Amazing engravings. I wish they put the Duncan Logo on there though.

Internals:

It is one of Duncan’s older Aluminum throws, one of the first ones to feature a C size bearing, besides the Diversion. It also takes Dif-Pads, or any pad with an inner diameter of 13.7mm. I wish the deepened the recess a little bit. Otherwise, it works good with one pad inside and a Center Trac or KK bearing makes it complete.

Performance:

I hear a lot of complaints of Pad response. Not too many people like Duncan Pad response. But this yoyo has the Duncan Pad response… Well, it’s not as bad as you think. As you would expect, a brand new pad causes snag, but with a broken in Dif-Pad, it’s not bad at all. It seriously plays smooth as Butter. It plays not heavy, but solid. It is 65 grams, right where someone would probably want it for 5A play. It doesn’t have the greatest rim weight though. It does spin long enough to get you through decent combos though. IRG’s aren’t too good, but surface grinds are exceptional. I like it for more technical play. There is vibe when the string rubs a pad, but a Center Trac fixes that. It does play really good. It plays not too solid, but definitely can play incredibly fast.

Is it worth the 75 dollars new? Probably not. I managed, Like I said, to get a good deal at a trade for it though. If you can get a good deal for one, they’re really great yoyos!

Let me know what you think!

Good review! Nice and pretty in depth, plus, it’s one of the few I’ve seen about this yoyo, and I’m quite intrigued by it. I think a lot of people are turned off by it because it’s a Duncan.

PS: Nice feet! :smiley:

I think most people are turned off by the Pad return System.

I didn’t find it to be a problem though. It’s really a great yoyo, I’ve been playing it all day long.