The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

I think all Confusions came stock with the really thick pads for responsive play. The white pads are intended to make it unresponsive

2 Likes

This is true. And those white pads make the Confusion completely unresponsive. They are not as thick as what comes on it stock, but even the diameter of these pads looks wrong. Definitely if it is a Confusion it will need the thick orange “A” bearing pads from YYF to play responsive.

2 Likes

Or a silicone job and thick string or lube or a thinner a bearing and shims.

1 Like

I was trying to keep it simple. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:fist_right:

9 Likes

Ooh. This is an interesting idea. Do you mind if I model something similar and print it?

What material are these, resin, poly?

1 Like

Well I’m hoping to be producing some of my own soon to sell.

Yeah shoot me a DM let’s chat on the side

2 Likes

That’s resin

1 Like

I will pass on printing then and wait to get one :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks, well make sure I reach out to you!
I thought I would have had them ready by now but sadly got some road bumps.

2 Likes

This is yyf confusion 2022, I think the size of the white pad not broad enough

1 Like

I’ve try to silicone it but the result is not good enough and not long lasting

1 Like

That’s tough. I tried finding the pads you need but they’re out of stock everywhere I looked. If you haven’t tried the Ultra Grey silicone, it holds up pretty well in my experience. I have not flowed my own pads in my Confusion yet but I do plan to one day.

1 Like

Finally found a solution, namely scrape the orange pad using razor blades to be equivalent to the wall and the result is the response feel is the best for me, a little bit unresponsive but still responsive haha

5 Likes

Man, I REALLY like this! Great job @Glenacius_K and @MarkD

16 Likes

Wow, great! Thanks, @AaronW !

I figured from past comments that you might have an issue with the weight.

Honestly, I thought I was going to as well. But I try my best to pick up as many of the 0A yoyos as I can to at least give them a shot. I think you said somewhere that it didn’t play like it’s weight, and I think that’s accurate. It’s light, but doesn’t play like a super light yoyo. So far I’m really thinking this will be one of the newer 0A yoyos that I’ll be hanging on to.

4 Likes

I’m curious to know what other modern 0A yoyos you’ve hung on to.

None :joy:

The most “modern” 0A yoyo I’ve kept have been the CoreCo AlleyCat’s.

2 Likes