The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

All the ones I was buying, about 6 years ago now, you could just pull them apart with your hands.

2 Likes

I gave up on the modern ones since you can get the old ones for $5-$10 on the ‘bay . I’ve found the print circled in my photo seems to be the most consistently good and (in my opinion) best playing

11 Likes

Yeah I get it.

People in Australia expect to pay very little for yoyos too. Friends and acquaintances (non-yoers) often ask of they can buy one of my yoyos from me expecting them to be like $10. I feel like an idiot telling them they are actually $70. Half the time I just sell them one for super cheap anyway. Lol, I’m a bad businessman. Other times I recommend they buy a YYF loop 360 or something like it from an Aussie online store.

7 Likes

Wait wait wait… All I had to do was be indignant for a discount?! 🥲

4 Likes

Lol! It’s you lovely people in the US that actually keep me afloat still making yoyos.

8 Likes

So you’re saying once you get that new house, we’ll always have a place to crash since we helped pay for it… Very nice of you!

4 Likes

Whoa now! The yoyos have help fund making more yoyos. Not a lot beyond that.

3 Likes

Oh fine. I’ll make sure to get a hotel close enought to hear the lathe tho…

3 Likes

So all this recent Butterfly talk got me curious to browse the local stores. Been to a Target and a Walmart and both were completely out of Imperials and Butterflies. Is this another weird casualty of the random supply issues the US is facing? Just such an unexpected thing to not be able to find

3 Likes

Walmart has Imperial/Butterfly mix.
Target has Butterfly XT.

I’m positive they have it, but it takes them a long time to restock the shelves. You can always go to their .com, add your zip code and see if they really have it.

7 Likes

Thanks for the input yeah I was just browsing out of curiosity not that I’m in dire need of a new one or anything but we can never have too many yoyos right lol

2 Likes

Definitely check all the toy sections of the stores you go to! Yeah the vintage ones are a little nicer but I keep a newer one around. The new ones are lighter and still fun for stall and regens

6 Likes

RBC at play

30 Likes

Just landed my first varial. Never give up on your dreams.
:rainbow::tada::confetti_ball::birthday::partying_face::balloon:

12 Likes

Congrats bro I’m proud of you :facepunch:

Couldn’t find any butterflies at my local Target but I did manage to snag this bad boy

13 Likes

I think this is one of the newer batch… :blush: Enjoy!

4 Likes

Ooo is that thing on the bottom a date code of some kind? This is my first Duncan actually :ok_hand:

1 Like

Cannot mash that heart button enough times!!!

2 Likes

So I’ve been looking at this 0a thread a lot and I wanted to get into this style of play and at the moment this is my only transaxle yo-yo right now. so would this yo-yo be considered a fixed axle and used for 0a ?? I’m just curious :thinking:

6 Likes