The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

That looks so sweet!

2 Likes

Ok @EOS44 here’s my go at it. https://youtu.be/8saaHobSb5E

Thanks again for the dope trick😎

6 Likes

Love the long exhale after hitting this! Suggests many attempts were required. Is this the case or did you hit it first try on camera?

5 Likes

Oh man that was smooth!! Nice.

3 Likes

I can assure you, that clean take was NOT first try lol.

5 Likes

My MAN! Watch out with those hot hands your wooden yoyo is going to catch on fire…i guess you are prepared if it happens :wink:

Seriously that was great!

2 Likes

This is a stall version of Gondola, my favorite picture trick!

I’m new to throwing on camera so go easy on me, I realized too late that my shirt matched my string but I was 4 miles up the trail without a change of clothes.

8 Likes

Hello. What about fixie grinds? I haven’t heard much about them, outside tape measures and Jensen’s triple finger grind on his “I should shut up” video.

12 Likes

Impulse purchased a Butterly XT while grocery shopping yesterday. I haven’t figured out the family tree yet, but I swear this thing is related to the legend wing. After deshielding, cleaning, and thick-lubing the bearing, this thing responds like a champ.

As you can see I dedicated this one to modern responsive-freehand… 0.5a? 5.0a? :thinking:

I love @DocPop 's 1a popcasts, and #33 modern responsive-freehand didn’t disappoint either!

Working my way up to that 180 freehand varial @EOS44 posted a while back

6 Likes

Sick. BXT is a good responsive.
Let us know if you land the 180 varial.

2 Likes

Hi folks. Recently a couple of old yoyos found their way to me and i’ve been having a lot of fun with them. I gave them a quick test with a varial or some string tricks.

First of them is a BC Spitfire, which dates as early as 1997. Who knows what years is the one i got.

Next is a Cheerio Glitter Spin. The foil sticker and jewels on it have seen better days. A quick search dates this ones as early as 1947. Again, who know what year is the one i got.

Finally is a very weird and unknown yoyo called the Cyclone. Who knows who made this yoyo and when, but the construction of this yoyo is interesting. Plastic body, steel axle and wooden sleeve + plastic starburst. This yoyo sleeps for a surprisingly long time for its construction, and can even handle a couple of string tricks.

9 Likes

Thank you for that. That was great!

As seen on Fixed Axle Friday Throws . Here is a simple trick variation based off of @Chainsawctopus Coin Flip on Bandalores. I know new players are always asking for some easier tricks. Start with a Bottom Mount Stall, do a little Kendama leg squat, catch on your fist do a Coin Flip and catch the regen. Work your way up to a Lunar Stall catch and have fun.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwpreWhhXzf/?igshid=hvlxqmoyz2tb

7 Likes

C’mon! It’s not fair to use magic!!!

3 Likes

Stoked on this double gt stall, gotta figure out how to get out of it, but I’m stoked to be figuring new (to me) stuff out still!

7 Likes

hi folks. I have not posted any 0A in a while.

heres something new i figured out the other day: underflip (kickflip + return).

Using Knack as always.

13 Likes

Dude! I didn’t expect that lunar landing even after reading. That was amazing!

1 Like

Nothing fancy but i was amazed to start landing brother trap stalls regularly. 0A is very hypnotic once you’re in the groove.

8 Likes

540 Flip to GT Stall
https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFBgNLBy6y

15 Likes

And here I was already impressed enough with @EOS44’s kickflip to trapeze, but 540 to GT? Sorcery.

6 Likes