The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Kyle told me that 5A on a fixie is doable, but pretty tricky.

3 Likes

Not generally a 5a player, so not a lot to contribute, but here are a few from a 5a May many moons ago. The real value I see in 0a-5a is in its capacity for “Death From Above”.

EDIT: lol these are so old it won’t even give thumbnails? You’ll just have to trust me.

Lol also (NOT 0a, but just because I love Freegens and forgot about these…)

10 Likes

@edhaponik and @jeffreypang911 new 0a Titanium

10 Likes

Can’t wait for that!

2 Likes

Just.wow.

1 Like

oh snack!

Super upset that Luftverk keeps doing this. He’s gotta stop pricing these things so appropriately. Like throw me a bone and stop putting the correct value on your hard work so I can afford it!

/S

4 Likes

this is up now, and available

Daytona SB came out super good. Unites so many elements I love about the 650b, Weekender, DeepState and the body has that super comfy CFGT feel… also Ti (lol). He def knocked it out.

Unrelated, but I really liked this trick:

10 Likes

priceless reaction

3 Likes

Would definitely buy, but ive spent so much in yoyos in the past month that I can’t possibly justify another Ti release (just bought the Weekender over the weekend though).
edit: I lied. Just bought one, lol

As for those tricks, I can’t believe nobody commented on that 5-0A wizardry you reposted here like a month ago. LIke, I don’t even believe that is possible. The one crazy trick where you let it fly, and the Butterfly slows down, winds up, and speeds up, that is like impossible. Then the arm wrap to trapeze stall. So awesome. Your tricks are always next level.

5 Likes

Nothing short of heroic.
Teach me mAster.

3 Likes

First time I watched this I didn’t even see the flip. Then the slo mo played and mind was blown.

3 Likes

I can’t, my constitution broke :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wicked slick!

The face was called for.

2 Likes

That looked so satisfying!

1 Like

Some months of heavy (?) use.

You can see the smooth polish and super slight concave shape that starts to form from the string friction.

5 Likes

Ah there’s tons of life left in that Harbinger. Years. Just send the end of the axle a little. Then apply a small drop of wood glue in the hole and spread with a a cotton tip. Get 2 stacks of 8 or 9 playing cards either side of the axle, put the other half back on and clamp for 24h.

6 Likes

What’s your preferred string for fixed axle play?

Most people seem to like the Type 10 cotton that yoyo expert sells. I like it, but, I also enjoy making my own cotton string (I find it easier to get right than poly). My suggestion is to start with the YYE string, and, if you want to mix it up, order some cotton thread, watch a couple of YouTube videos and give your own a try.

4 Likes