The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Ah ok, same price as always then. Looks like there’s only 1 left now!

1 Like

There were 8 when I ordered mine, folks have been copping or he adjusted his inventory

1 Like

Fixed axle IS hard, especially when get past the basics. Other styles have their own unique versions of hills to climb too, and just like other styles consistency will come if you want to put in the time and effort. In the beginning I thought some tricks seemed impossible to get reasonably consistent but I’ve been pleasantly surprised to find out that wasn’t the case.

7 Likes

Can confirm.

When I started fixie, I SUCKED. It was most definitely 100% impossible, for me, for sure, without a doubt. I almost gave up on it, but, I can assure you, the hurdle is not as high as it seems. And you will be glad that you got over it once you do.

For me, it was learning trapeze stall and kick flips. From there on, it’s pure fun.

Don’t get me wrong, it probably took me two years to get over that hurdle, but I wasn’t grinding it out either. I just switched between fixie and unresponsive. When one gets boring, do the other, and so on. At first, it was probably 90% unresponsive 10% fixie, but as I got better, at both no less, the ratio kind of evened out, then I went full fixie for a few months and now, I dont leave the house without an unresponsive AND a fixie in my pocket.

It’s worth it, if you think it looks fun.

7 Likes

Also, what formation are you playing your no-jive? Have you flipped it butterfly style yet?

No not yet, I’ve playing it Imperial so far.
I suppose there’s a big difference between the two?

2 Likes

A world of difference. At least, if your attempting stalls. They can be done on imperial, no doubt, but they are far easier to learn on butterfly. Imperial is a fun challenge but butterfly is just plain fun.

2 Likes

Ok you’re totally right.
Sooo much easier.
I need to tune out a little vibe but yeah a world of difference.

2 Likes

And now it begins…… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I burned through my first string tonite.
:yo-yo:

6 Likes

Haha this is where the 100 pack comes in handy. I remember during Fixed Axle February often times I’d burn through a string every couple days.

Sorry for the delayed response! - Yes, there are both types listed :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the not-type 10 type?

There are type 8 usually available. There are a number of types in cotton string The type has to do with the number of strands in the string. Type 10 is a string made up of 5 cotton threads, once the string is spun and doubled over on itself it has 10 threads essentially, making it a Type 10.

I have type 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 in my string stash.

3 Likes

A couple of varial variations

18 Likes

How many takes did these take? Is it really as easy for you as you make it look? So effortless man. I can’t get over it!

4 Likes

Thanks, man!
The first one only took a few tries as it’s really just a regular varial in disguise.
The second one, I filmed for around 10 mins. I managed to land it several times and just picked the smoothest one. :laughing:

4 Likes

It’s amazing dude! Love watching you play.

1 Like

Double or Nothing Stall kickflips to Trapeze Stall. Throwing the No Jive.

14 Likes

In imperial mode too! Very nice.

2 Likes