The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

For the record, for any fixed axle players looking for a solid string option, I highly recommend you try MF Amy. Regardless of it being full poly, this particular poly blend does ‘not’ melt like others, and gives you a serious amount of tactile feel. Has a ruff ‘wheat’ like texture akin to a classic cotton ie oldschool vibes with, but with modern quality. Also will likely last you longer than other fixed axle string options. Clocks in around 1+ month of play time per string - some use it up to 3+ months.

9 Likes

Oh nice! I have some of this blend I’ll try it out with my fixies!

2 Likes

Slack Trapeze Stall! (And 1.5)
This is such a great feeling trick. <3

8 Likes

That’s frickin neat @edhaponik! I suddenly feel inspiration knocking.

:exploding_head:

Reminder! Tomorrow!

3 Likes

i’m totally down for this. what’s the format? butterfly horse? trick v trick?
w butterfly (or just fixed axle) horse, it’s important to specify what counts as a “trick” - like it’s kinda lame when one player does a long stall combo that’s familiar to them and their opponents have to try to remember it. at worlds we usually try to keep it to discrete well-known elements and like a max of 3. but obv do it however you like - just my $0.02

4 Likes

Sorry, you’re ineligible! :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I will take all that advice, Ed. I like the 3 element limit, and will add that in. I added my proposed rules to the main thread.

2 Likes

Today I thought I’d visually contribute to this conversation. Nothing too complicated, I’m still learning the basics😉.
11 Likes

Yo!! That’s super smooth!! And the orange butterfly with your outfit is :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks so much @gcoomans! I really dig your style too.

1 Like

Your tricks are smooth too!!!

2 Likes

Bro looking good! Come show it off at the Tourney tonight!

1 Like

I’m gonna sit this one out. QT with the Mrs tonight. I appreciate the words though😁! Y’all have a good time and slay it.

2 Likes

Latest custom caps. “The One Ring” ProYo II:

17 Likes

You’ve got to bind it in the darkness!

4 Likes

Nice one bruv

Pardon my excitement(language)

1 Like

That looks so cool, easily on a par with the green Cthulhu themed ones!

1 Like

I just got a duncan butterfly XT and its amazing, im working on stalls and just trying to get use to throwing a responsive yoyo

5 Likes