Tell my about the YYF Boost Afterburner

Who has played the YYF Boost Afterburner? What’s it like? Comparable to anything else or feel unique? Light or heavy? Tell me about it!

1 Like
2 Likes

Hmmmm… wanted to like this one, but feel slightly disappointed now. I wonder if this “heavy” feel translates into some extra ordinary stability or any other redeeming qualities?

1 Like
3 Likes

So… Jake says it’s heavy and Brandon says it’s fun and floaty. :thinking:

Looks like it’s super powerful and stable though.

1 Like
1 Like

I wouldn’t call it heavy. It’s very powerful, which can give the illusion of weight. It’s difficult to force off plane like a center weighted yo-yo.

It’s very stable and powerful for 66gm and moves fast due to its shape. It’s an all rounder that will never get the credit it deserves with a 3a champ designing it. Its what we call a 1-3-5 yo-yo meaning you could win all 3 divisions using it (superstar was a 1-3 at worlds, genesis was 1-5 at us nationals, dark magic was a 1-4-5 which is wild lol).

There aren’t too many YoYos in this category that compare straight across to it. I feel it’s pretty unique and delivers.

8 Likes

So Ann says it “feather light.” Brandon says it’s “floaty” and Jake says it’s “very heavy.”

I guess I’m just gonna have to try it because apparently this yoyo is EVERYTHING and more!

5 Likes

I’m gonna have try it out! Thanks Ben.

2 Likes

A yoyo can also feel heavier or lighter depending on the length of one’s string, so take reports of how heavy a yoyo feels with a mountain of salt.

3 Likes

Very Strange, really big, but good

1 Like

Also it can depend a lot on what you are use to playing. So subjective. @TheThrowingGnome I think if it triggers your interest you should try it otherwise you are always gonna be curious

1 Like

@CPC has one

1 Like

Yep yep. It’s a fun throw. I’ll throw it some this afternoon when I get home to let you know how it feels to me. Been awhile since I held it.

2 Likes

Mini review:
Very very good throw. Very powerful. The finish is so smooth. Combine the powerfulness with smooth finish it’s like it doesn’t want to slow down even if it brushes up against your hand. In other words, this thing spins forever. Due to its weight I would not describe it as a lightweight. You can feel is weight. But it moves well doesn’t play slow. I think that’s where the conflict comes in when some say heavy and others say floaty. It is kinda both. Have you ever played a throw that was hollow like the edgeless? Kinda has the same feel/sound. It is definitely a unique feel which probably comes from it’s unique design.

2 Likes

Thanks for the mini review! Stoked for the one I’ve got coming in in the mail now.

3 Likes

I would say its very YYF if that makes sense, its not life changing, but its awesome and you’ll enjoy it

3 Likes

My Afterburner arrived and I was gonna write up my thoughts on it , but basically wrote exactly what you said @cpc!

Only thing I would add is that fingerspins and thumb grinds are outstanding. Matador on the hub spike is also possible. It’s an excellent throw and the power is quite incredible.

Also, 100% agree with:

2 Likes

You’re right and I do!

1 Like

It’s a pretty good Yoyo actually! I’m gonna make a video about it on my YT channel here’s the link stay tuned and subscribe. https://youtu.be/mhhCv05oS90

1 Like