Tech Tricks

Alright, I have a question that hasn’t been answered by the search function.
I see people talking about preferences and in tricks they list Technical as one of the options. I have no idea what kind of tricks this classification covers and I would like to learn something new so I may be of more help in these forums.
If you can help me define this I will greatly appreciate it. Videos of tricks would be helpful if you can find some. I will continue my search to find out more about this as well.

Thank you all for your help.
Alex

I’ve heard “tech tricks” as being defined 2 different ways. Some people say that they are tricks that involve whips, slacks, basically anything that’s not just basic rolls and passes. The other (and probably more correct) way I’ve heard it described as tricks involving entering and exiting complex string configurations in usually unconventional ways. Think Ladder Escape- tricks like that that are exciting to us yo-yoers but just looks like you’re playing with the string to non yo-yoers.

2 Likes

It’s the second way ratfacedudeguy descibed it.  Entering and Exiting complex strings.
If you need some examples:

2 Likes

Oh alright. I get it now. Thank you guys. So it’s the complex knot-tying tricks. ;D Good to know

“Knot-Tying” would be considered, but is not limited to. Techy tricks would also include entering and exiting string layers.