Switching...

Well I am a really really big fan of YoYoJam but I find YoYoFactory yoyos a bit I donk know… Cooler looking? But I’m scared about switch to YYF and YYJ because their bearings are different etc. Can someone give me info on if YYF bearings fit in YYJ yoyos. (Vice Versa). And could someone give me information of the most commonly used responce system in YYF metals (And Plastics) are. Basically all that information about the company YYF because I’m really new to the company.

Most Yoyofactory and Yoyojam yoyos both use a standard c sized bearing. And I would say most Yoyofactory yoyos use k-pads for a response system.

YYF makes great yoyos. You’ll probably love their yoyos. That being said, I’ve always liked rounded, lighter yoyos, and it doesn’t seem as though YYF makes much of those. Their pretty big into H shapes IMO.

I think you have the wrong idea in thinking you are “switching” brands, you shouldn’t limit yourself to one brand. Think of it, instead, as adding another yo-yo to your collection.

1 Like

Yeah. Unless you are part of the company’s team, you do not have to be “loyal” to one brand. Just treat them as ‘yoyos’, not ‘(insert company’s name) yoyo’.

Yes,
You should try out different yo-yos, and who knows, you might find other yo-yos you like better. You just need to pick a yo-yo out by what you like, not because it is a certain brand, because if it is not in your preferences, then you would probably not like it, even if it is from your favorite company.

I promise you that if you limit yourself to one “brand” of yo-yo’s, you’ll just be disappointing yourself.

When it comes to bearings and response, it’s pretty simple: Look at the details of the yo-yo in question. YoYoExpert gives very specific stats on every yo-yo they sell, including bearing size (a, c, d, and standard/metric measurements) and response type (not only the response it comes with standard, but other responses it’s compatible with).

If you want to know the standards that each company uses, just take a look through the YYE shop and look at the “stats” box in the lower left corner of each yo-yo. That will tell you exactly what each yo-yo uses, and you can easily compare and contrast every yo-yo currently on the American market.

But, if you have any questions that can’t be answered by that method, all you have to do is post your question on this forum and someone will gladly help you out with whatever problems you might have.

The forum is here to help people out. Don’t let all of the choices overwhelm you. Don’t be afraid to ask. We’re here for you!

1 Like