Switching The Macarons Axel

Hey everyone! I recently bought this yoyo and was wondering if /I/ messed up and lost a piece or something to just switch it easily, or if there’s a method to take it off. I’ve seen some of the vids online about removing an axle and am wondering if the the two nut method would work with the transaxle?

I don’t know if there are enough threads to use the two nut method. What I used to do back in the day was take a wide rubber band and wrap it around the axle a few times really tightly and then just use pliers. Grip the rubber band and turn, it’ll usually free the axle from the other half without damaging the surface.

Masking tape instead of a rubber band can also work pretty good. It’s pretty low residue so it won’t stick too much and leave a ton of glue on the axle if any is left behind it can be cleaned off with alcohol later.

3 Likes

Why don’t you just use a needle nose pliers to grab the unthreaded section in the middle? The bearing doesn’t ride on the directly. (Or am I missing something?) Put a piece of masking tape on it if you like.