Swapped halves anyone?

So today I was throwing my Sasquatch and a Peak, and I was thinking that it would be cool if the Sasquatch had some of the characteristics of the Peak then it would be a lot better than it is now, because it lacks a few things that I like in a yo-yo.

I had the idea that I should try to swap the halves and see how it worked so I did and the results were amazing, it was literally like I had an entirely different yo-yo (technically I did). So some of the things about the Sasquatch that I didn’t like was the fact that it didn’t have a IGR, so when I put the Peak on there with the Sasquatch I had an IGR on one half of the yo-yo. The next thing is I didn’t like how slow the Sasquatch played (even though I prefer slower yo-yos), so when the Peak was added, the weight was reduced a bit, which made play a lot better. Now, one thing that I didn’t like about the Peak was that it didn’t have a large catch zone, so when the Sasquatch was added, the catch zone was perfect.

In the end the yo-yo was literally perfect for me. And because both have a similar weight, one half of the yo-yo didn’t tilt or anything like that, and they both used the same response and had the same axle and everything, so there wasn’t any vibe whatsoever. So, I called it “Sasquatch on the Peak”… I’ll try to post pics soon.

Has anyone else tried this before?

I’ve done it a few times actually. I like to do it with One Drops, as all of the side effect ones use the exact same system. I’ve also done it with a canvas ans a peak, just for the heck of it.

Nice!

If the Canvas had the nub like the Peak, then I wouldn’t be able to tell that you swapped the halves on them…

Next I might try a Gnarwhal and a BvM

I tried chief and avalanche. Soooo smooth…

1 Like

1/2 code one 1/2 DANG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ZbGg53nJ8

Yeahhhhhh that was awesome!!! :smiley: