Post your un-aesthetic half-swaps

The oddest I’ve tried is the Duncan x C3yoyodesign “Big Token” aka “Small Fun”:

The token half actually weighs more than the big fun half. And yes, it fingerspins.

What are your worst half swaps? I’d love to see them!

16 Likes

@Marm

2 Likes

I gotchu when I get home

2 Likes

I put together the most extreme half swap I could… half Dread G (80g version), half Smashing Crucible (50g). Massive difference in shape, diameter, and weight, see for yourself :rofl:

Again… dead smooth on the string. It does list heavily to the side and it wants to turn because of the weight differential, but it’s perfectly vibe free. Seriously.

11 Likes

dv888 and tiwalker

4 Likes

Just got my Franken-Reaper!

7 Likes

I wonder how in the world that would possibly work? That just doesn’t make any sense, how can manufactured A grades have vibe at times, but a half swap like that can be dead smooth? Crazy yoyo Gods…

3 Likes

holy crud, I thought I was the crazy one doing this with my Horizon and Atlas like 2 years ago :laughing:

lol that and a shutter-canon halfswap were my first insta posts

3 Likes

Post them here!

Can’t tell you how these played since it was a while ago, except I do remember them vibing while also being surprisingly smooth lol.

5 Likes

I really dislike starburst response, and one time YYJ came out with a hybrid response yoyo (black knight), half o-ring and half starburst. I found a guy who liked starburst and traded him for the o-ring half. Even after that, I still didn’t care that much for the yoyo with o-ring response.

(I bought the black knight primarily because it was a local boy’s signature yoyo.)

6 Likes

Interesting, I’ve been thinking and wondering why starburst fell so far out of favor, we really only see it on loopers now? It is kinda … noisy?

3 Likes

From my experience it produced too much friction & affected play. If I did a simple trapeze on a Butterfly XT the spin time would be basically cut in half.

4 Likes

Love how you named the Shutter/Cannon swap Shannon!

6 Likes

6 Likes

I liked the Hatlas (Horizon & Atlas) better :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, but I never met a Hatlas before.

3 Likes

Apparently he’s an insurance agent!

4 Likes

The names Hatlas… Stanley Hatlas. :grin:

4 Likes

The Convergible

Converge & Crucible