Superwide Problem

My Yoyofactory Superwide is not screwing back together. The axle doesn’t appear to be damaged at all and nothing else seems wrong with it. I’m fairly new to maintaining my yoyos and I would imagine that this is not an uncommon problem. Is there anything I can do about it?

are you sure its not stripped the most tiny bit or anthing maybe take the axle out and put it in theother side

probbly the inside is stripped in the yoyo

I think it may be stripped up inside the yoyo. What can I do about that?

get a vice grip/ pliers take out the axle if it is stripped in the yoyo it may be very hard and buy a new axle they’re only like 2 buck from here

dude u gotta re thread it u cant just buy a new axle thats for if the axles stripped

Will it start, but not tighten? Or not start at all? They haven’t been out that long, do you remember screwing it together before when it was hard to turn? No offense, but you’re trying to start it clockwise, right? IF it uses the same axle as other YYFs, (also Duncans and One Drops) do you have one of those to try to (gently) thread your Superwide axle into and (gently) thread the Superwide half in question onto? I think it’s a little prematuire to decide you’ve crossthreaded it.

Have Fun,
Java

Sounds like good advice. One additional point is to just try to screw the axle in with your fingers into one half or the other. Don’t test this trying to use both halves.

Yeah, I’m screwing it in clockwise. I would consider getting a replacement axle from here, but I don’t know what size it is. I think the metal from the axle is stripped into the gaps of the other half. Is there a way I can remove it safely? Sorry if it’s been said before, I’m just that unfamiliar with it all.

I think your going to have to ship your yoyo to a modder to get it rethreaded. Your axel is most likely not stripped the threads in the inside of your yoyo are.

Sorry Good Luck

Damn. Looks like I’m out of a $65 yoyo.

If you email YYF they should replace it, you just have to send it back.

I’m curious why you think YYF will replace it because he stripped the threads. It doesn’t sound like it came that way.

14 day manufacturer’s warranty my friend. They tend to be pretty generous with it.

Yes, for a defect. Inflicted damage is another issue.

That doesn’t mean we should abuse their generosity. Just be aware that the way YYF and YYJ treat their customers does NOT apply to the rest of your life. If you drive your shiney new Mustang into a telephone pole, Ford will NOT replace it. That is exactly what you all have come to expect these companies to do for you.

Have Fun,
Java

From my experience, YYF tends to stand behind their product 110%, and they’re extremely generous when it comes to resolving customer issues. In this case, it doesn’t sound like the OP is repeatedly and carelessly beating the yo-yo on a hard surface or excessively screwing and unscrewing yo-yo until it’s ruined, so the whole “driving the Mustang into the telephone pole” analogy doesn’t really apply here. Usually it’s pretty difficult to strip the threads from the inside of a yo-yo (I know you guys know this), and this yo-yo just came out. So really it seems to me like the product must have been flawed to begin with for damage of this nature to have already happened.

Now, the end result will probably not be as easy as “send it back, get a new one for free.” Most likely they will try and guide the OP through some suggestions to try and repair it. As a final resort, if nothing else works, they will then have him send it back and if they can’t repair it, they will replace it. The way they seem to view situations like this, one of their customers is not experiencing the full enjoyment out of their product, and they will take great stride in making sure that he does. This doesn’t mean anyone is abusing their generosity by any means. YYF customer service is an invaluable resource to owners of their products. They put it in place for people to use it. This is why he paid $65 for it instead of $21 shipped or whatever people said they could get Aoda Miracles for (for those of you who followed any of those debates).

So, final suggestion to the OP. E-mail YYF customer service using the contact form on their website (sometimes my e-mails have slipped by unnoticed when I e-mail them directly, so definitely use the contact form) and they’ll take care of you. As a firsthand owner of their product, you are entitled to do so.

Ether way he should be contacting yoyofactory about this.

^yup^

We don’t have enough information to know what happened. IF it worked normally when he got it and now it doesn’t then yeah, he crossthreaded it. That’s not YYF’s fault, no matter how new it is. IF he unscrewed it once and it wouldn’t go back together, then it was a defect. You can’t crossthread something by taking it apart. If it’s cross threaded then the last one to screw it together is the one that did it. We don’t know who that was. I’m just saying that our automatic response without knowing any facts shouldn’t be “YYF will give you a new one”. YYF replaces an incredible amount of product knowing full well that the problem isn’t their fault, just to keep us happy. I don’t think we should take advantage of that.

Have Fun,
Java

1 Like

I just sent YoyoFactory an email. I actually didn’t unscrew the yoyo that many times, just a couple to un-knot the string. Thanks for the help, everybody. Whatever happens, happens.