die nasty problem

okay, so i got a glow nasty from my sister on christmas it worked fine the first 2 days, but one day i unscrewed it to get a knot out and then i couldnt screw it back together! it just keeps spinning and doesnt stay tight! help?? :’( :’( :’( :frowning:

It sounds like you stripped the threads on either the axle or the insert of the yoyo. A quick search for “stripped” will give you plenty of topics to look at. Something like “won’t screw together” might also work.

Contact YoYoFactory and tell them what happened.

This is not exactly normal. Axles don’t usually get stripped in two days. Did you try applying some pressure while screwing the two halves together. How exactly did you unscrew the yoyo?

While this is true, it can happen almost right away if you cross-thread it, which might have happened.

buy a yyf axle ape your right he did strip it when you strip a axle means when you take it apart to much or take it of really fast

Do this. They could help. And you can contact Yoyoexpert, and if you send it to them, they could fix it quickly.

Just check first to see if it’s stripped. Look at the axle, see if the threads are still nice, and prominent. If it’s stripped, the threads should be really thin, barely there, and even ripped at some places.

1 Like

nope,all the threads are there :-\

You also have to look at the threads on the insert in the yoyo for the axle.

hmmmm when i take one of the spacers out it screws back together just fine bit has a really weird vibe and only spins for like 10 seconds :frowning:

Huh? Does the die nasty have spacers just like the duncans? Anyways, so you checked the axle, and the place where the axle screws into correct? Both look okay, and both have their threads? When this happened, did you do anything to the yoyo before the incident? Like hit a wall or something? If it’s like a duncan, you can go to home depot and buy the same axle insert, or buy the axle.

You can also try to figure out where’s the problem, take the yoyo to home depot, and they have a bunch of nuts there for you to figure out which one fits your axle, and you can just try to screw the axle in, if it doesn’t work, then it’s your axle. If you don’t have a home depot, maybe buy a nut to try and see if it’ll go on the axle?

Then, you can also buy another axle, and try to fit it into the nut in the yoyo… that’ll tell you whether it’s the nut or axle… and which you should replace.

OR… you can ask yoyofactory, see what they can do for you.