Summit? Who's getting one? - Merged

haters gonna hate.

Just looks weird seeing three threads about the same thing

It was $115 even.

Light blue. Not a prototype.

Thought it was too hyped, but 115 is 15 less than my M10 was, so when they are at yye im getting one

Yeah, thinking it over, if there’s only one run… they could become a collectors item. When I say semi-desirable, I mean… of course the hype will die down, but it will probably stay afloat forever.

The plan is a huge run and for it to be a long lasting yoyo. That said these inital colors will most likely not be done again. Hence the 1st run of 30 being more “rare” and such…

You know who’s hyping the yoyo more than anyone? People complaining about hype. Enough already. It seems to be a rather good yoyo, and if it’s not worth the $115 you can bet we’re going to hear about it. Don’t understand the complaining in the LEAST. Not even a little.

If it’s not your cup of tea, just can completely ignore it.

All I see are two companies super-excited about this collaboration. I mean, haven’t YOU ever been a part of anything so motivating to you that you want to share it? You’re working on it and it’s making you grin ear-to-ear and you’re like, “let’s tell the world!” Every story Chris or David tell, every Facebook update… you can and should get a palpable sense of excitement out of them.

It’s infectious, and many fans of either company (or heck, probably people who hadn’t really thought much about either!) are also excited about it and are sharing this excitement.

If that’s “hype”, I’ll have more of it please. And less Johnny-come-lately critics coming out of the woodwork. Look, I appreciate that you smell some marketing and it’s not your favourite aroma. It’s a bit hipsterish to have that attitude, but I get it to a certain extent. But for the sake of everyone’s sanity, take a step back and realize that nobody’s going out of their way to poke at your sensibilities. If you don’t like it, just ignore it.

Let those who are excited about it (the companies AND the fans) enjoy it without trying to belittle them for their enthusiasm. Again, I’ll take more enthusiasm and excitement in the world, and less negative attitude… any day, all day.

6 Likes

Thanks for the information. Do you know what kind of numbers we’re talking about?

It was posted on the OD forum that it would be a “long run” yoyo… So that seems like the MMN, CODE2, 54, CODE1… We will all have one… And at a good price…

Maybe I can help, Greg.
I’m not a CLYW fan. Their throws just aren’t for me, and I’ve played everything they’ve made except a Peak and a Cliff. I’ve tried to ignore the numerous posts about CLYW because I don’t have anything to add that would be positive. And I’m not out to ruin anyone’s good time. But, there’s a collector aspect to yoyos that creates a scale of what is popular/desirable/valuable. The BST is littered with these so-called collector’s items. I personally am tired of it. I’m tired of some 13 year old kid telling me his throw is ten times better because it’s a certain brand. I just don’t agree. I’m tired of being ashamed of loving VSNYYC throws. I still think they’re amazing despite the past drama. And I’m tired of being told “well, that’s what it costs to make a good yoyo”. If that’s the case, I guess I’ll just play with all my “bad” yoyos.

This is why I can see why people are less than pleased with the ever rising costs. CLYW is just the first. The rest will start following suit, and then what? We talk about how limited the numbers already are when it comes to yoyoing. These prices are excluding even more people.

Not a bad price. I bought an Avalanche at PNWR for $120, so getting an Avalanche X Cascade for $115 isn’t bad.

I got to play the summit straight from caribouchris’s yoyo holster at cal states today. He said they sold out in 10 minutes! Wow. It played great, honestly it was so close to an avalanche and felt a lot like the model 10 too

You guys are complaining about companies selling their product?

Whos complaining?

I disagree. CLYW is in a different position than other companies right now. This is partly due to demand and their operating costs. Just because CLYW prices are what they are doesn’t mean that there are not amazing deals, on other brands and older model yoyos that are not currently in demand, in stores and on the BST.

Not everyone can operate at the level CLYW is at presently, and as a fan of both CLYW and other companies, I see pluses and minuses to that. It is what it is.

I finally unscrewed mine.

Pix? ;D

why do we argue about this stuff? prices? hype? who cares if a yoyo is “hyped” or has never been heard of? if it plays good that’s all that matters. plus hype on a yoyo gets a lot more sales than keeping it in the dark. I mean look at what the yye store does. they put a countdown on the release! and let you know! if they just released something without telling anyone the sales wouldn’t be that good. maybe people get mad at hype because they want to have it “before it was cool” cough hipstercough. all I have to say about prices is- if you can’t lower the price to machine them or have your own store to sell them…DON’T COMPLAIN! if you don’t like the price don’t buy it. the name of the game is making money. you don’t make money if you don’t make good products.

Genuine genius yoyo made by two companies in less then a week.

Not worth my money. Pass.

I wonder what the price will be in stores. Prediction: $120

1 Like