Suicide String Review

Name: suicide string…
Purpose: to yoyo with
Made by: yoyolunatic
Tested on: DM, and Maverick
Compared too (referd too as “other string” in this review) highlights, pro poly, and other string like that.

K, well, recantly i just got a couple suicide strings from lunatic. He gave me one thick poly and one thin poly. One was black/yellow/orange (thick), and the other one looked like it came from candy land with a mixture of red/yellow/blue (thin). So the next thing i notice is that they are very long. They went to my upper chest, about 3 in. from my neck. I think he could get away with making them a little shorter, but it doesn’t bother me. So i cut it too the appopriate length and started throwing.

Thick poly: The first thing i noticed about this string was that it made me nausious. No kidding, this is the black/yellow/orange one remember. It sort of was a cross between the effect of a spinning drill and a herd of zebras. It made my head spin. But this is just the color, and you can get the same string in differant colors so i woudn’t worry about it, and i got used to it after a while so no harm done. Anyways, once i got over that, i started testing a few whips on it. They were great! I’m not gonna say this holds loops the best ever (though it does hold them stupendously) but it whips fast. It double my jade whip speed and my hook speed. I also like the weight of this string, it was quite heavey. About 1.5 to 2 times as heavey as normal string. This is just a preferance, but i really liked it. Another nice things is that there is almost no string burn whatsoever. I’ve rubbed it against my hand vigorously to try to burn myself with no avail. As for the suicides, nothing special. I mean there nice, but better than your average string. I’m also going to asume this lasts for a very long time, as i’ve been playing with it for MANY hours and it’s show no signs of wearing like normal string would at this point.

Thin: So, i went in thinking that there is no way i could like this thin string better than the thick string (and i don’t) but i was surprised at how much i liked it. The whips on this one were even faster than the other one. It’s like theres no air friction on this thing. I could do quadrouple wrist whip as easily as i could (maybe easier) do triple wrist whip on other string. And i swear when i did my revoulutions it wanted the loop being swung wanted to go ahead of the string. It holds tention quite well also, but not as good as the thick string. It also causes more string burn. So i tried a suicide to see if this string would live up to its name better than the other one, really it didn’t… But at least this string didn’t make me nautious. In fact i think the color on this one was a good idea. If you put togethor the speed at which you can whip this string and the thinness, it might be kind of hard to see, i think the colors helped with that. This string also show no signs of were, but i’ve played with it less.

1-10 scale
Thick:
Holding tension: 8
Whips:8
Suicides:6
Burn:10 (higher means less burn)
living up to it’s name:6
Overall score: (not including living up to it’s name) 8.5

Thin:
Holding tension:7
Whips:9.5
suicides:5
Burn:6
Living up to it’s name:5
Overall score: 8

There both very good string, and i will definatly be buyings some more in the future, but right now i need the money for sea base ;D.
-M²

1 Like

starting up the strings again boys.