Suggestions

hey,im a beginner.not looking for competitive yoyoing.just for fun.but i need some help.im confused between magic yoyo n5 and n8.i like the desperado shape and color,a but n8 is more compact.pls tell me which feels smooth and fun while playing.thank you.

I don’t own either of those, but welcome to the forums.

I’d imagine either of them will be smooth and fun while playing, that’s all up to you and your personal preference. Since our hobby is buy to try, that’s kinda what you have to do. Asking someone for an opinion is almost like asking if they like seafood, that person could hate seafood so they don’t recommend it, someone else might love seafood and highly recommend it. It’s 100% preference and personal, just buy what appeals to you the most. Others opinions don’t matter, it’s your yoyo.

I think that if you like the look of a yo-yo, it usually means that yo-yo will also be a good fit for you. I don’t know how this works, but usually my favorite looking throws are also my favorite playing ones.

Since it’s an affordable yoyo, just give it a shot and if you don’t like it, $15-$20 isn’t a big setback. Go offer to mow your neighbors lawns for a few bucks and you can try out the other one.

I’ve not been disappointed in anything I tried from Magic Yoyo, especially considering their price so imo, you can’t go wrong.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

The N5 is a particularly wide yoyo, so it might feel weird if you have small hands. If you’re going to get started on 5A, yoyoing with one yoyo and a counterweight, you should go with the N5.

The N8 is smaller and more pocketable than the N5, and it’s pretty stable. That said, it plays pretty weightily, so if you would like something lighter feeling the N5 would be better for you.

Here are some review videos:

N5

N8

4 Likes

I’d say the Hertz or Node are pretty good bets for affordable MYYs. The N8 is kind of heavy and smallish. I feel you could grow in skill much easier with a Hertz or Node.

5 Likes

thank you everyone:)

1 Like