Suggestions for my new club?

I started a club and it has been going great. Talk to YYF. They might hook you up with some stuff. Just ask them if they are willing to contribute to your club.

If teaching people to play unresponsive works for you then that’s great! I think starting responsive is easier and helps with understanding the basics as others have said, but it’s all personal opinion in the end. Grab some unresponsive yo-yos for the club if that’s what you prefer.

If you want to buy some yo-yos for your club (responsive or unresponsive) just send an email to contact@yoyoexpert.com or give us a call. We’d be happy to help out!

1 Like

The expert has spoken.

I find it really hard to teach the gravity pull to children. But OP is teaching high schoolers, so maybe a YYJ Surge could be an idea, since I hear its a bit better than the Classic. You could also grab a bunch of Replays AND One’s just so the newer people can start on responsive yoyos and move up to replays. OR you could just get OneStars and thin bearings and just upgrade the yoyos as they learn…

Has anyone tried a thin bearing in a Replay? I could imagine that being fun, actually

Final thought here, I found some Duncan Throw Monkeys on sale, picked one up, and if you clean the bearing it actually makes a decent unresponsive yoyo, but it starts and is designed to be responsive. so really, it’s one single purchase for two types of play. Like I said, you’ll have to clean the bearings when you want them to play unresponsive if they work out like mine did, but that’s a small price to pay for two types of play. It also comes with a CW if someone wants to try 5a.