Stuck side effects.

So a couple months ago I bought a Summit Iceberg edition. Love it, but wanted to swap out the side effects. Bought some new ones from this site, and when going to put em in the ones that came stock just won’t come out. I’ve looked up several videos on how to get them out and they seem to come out with relative ease. But mine just wont budge, either half. I’ve put the halves on a flat surface and put nearly all my weight in pressing down on them to get them out and they just don’t wanna give. Any tips to get those suckers out would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve never heard of stuck SEs before. What you’re doing should work. Mine take barely any finger pressure, never mind all my weight an a flat surface.

I have never seen this before either. You might want to email One Drop directly to see what they might say.

They should pop right out if you’re pushing down on a flat surface, I’ve never seen any quite as stuck as you’re describing.

Did you buy the Summit form us? If you did, just give us a call or send an email and we can help you out.

I’ve never encountered this either. One thing you might try in addition to emailing One Drop or YYE is to put a couple drops of lube where the side effect meets the yoyo underneath where the bearing sits.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/rigo311/Screen%20Shot%202016-03-02%20at%201.09.58%20PM_zpswdaxxvls.png

Let it soak in for a while and then try popping it out again.

I think all the previous posters are on the mark. My 11 year old son is able to swap out side effects himself, and he is far from the incredible hulk. I think jrodriguez has a great idea with the lube, but, perhaps contacting One drop directly would be best. I’m thinking that the o-ring on the side effect may be degrading or just binding to the yoyo, you might need to replace O-rings and maybe even clean out the side effect hub on the yoyo…but, One Drop should be able to help you out with advice.

Finally, I apologize for the silly question, but, you are pushing them out from the inside of the yoyo, correct? Again, apologies since you said you watched videos, but, I know I’ve watched videos and tutorials and still gotten it wrong…

Got em out. Ended up putting the halves on the floor upside down, putting a board on top then kneeling on the board. When they popped out it sounded like a gun shot lol. But they are out and undamaged. Thanks for the tips everyone.