Stuck Bearings

I bought a deviant from offset yoyo and i’ve used for maybe a week now but it has recently started acting responsive i’ve tried using a plier but i cant get the bearing out at all Pls Help

2 Likes

You can use the back of a drill bit as a bearing tool to wiggle it back and forth and get it off. I believe 3/16ths is the right size but I’m not certain about that. Just grab the one that fits if you have a drill bit set.

1 Like

You can order a bearing remover, but if you dont want to. Look up how to desheild your bearing then try to water it, dry really well, then let it sit for a while.
That is what worked for me after my bearing removal tool got lost in my room.

1 Like

Don’t use water in a baring! Use acetone or another acetone based product.

put yoyo in freezer to help loose bearing

4 Likes

Thx i’ll try it and let you know

100% acetone nail polish remover is my jam.

Also I have heard of people putting their yo-yo in the freezer and it will shrinking everything making it easier to get out

You can use water and soap you just have to ensure it’s dry after. Any moisture left can rust the bearing, post or axle.

Personally I go back and fourth between using mineral spirits and acetone but I’ve washed bearings in the sink in a pinch a few times.

As for removal anything that fits inside the bearing like a removal tool would work also the rounded bit on the handle of needle nose pliers works great.

1 Like

I tried putting it in the freezer for ten minutes but it’s not budging

i guess i’ll try the acetone

I have never in my life used water related to anything with a bearing.

But as far as the bearing stuck goes we need to see your tool because ive always been successful with tools

I used to have a bearing tool but then i went to a different country and came back but ever since i couldn’t find it

No matter how hard i try the shield of the bearing won’t come out

You shouldn’t clean the bearing while it’s in the Yoyo.

1 Like

Now i tested it and it magically went unresponsive

If it’s a std. C size bearing that would be a 1/4 inch drill bit.

(FIXED)

4 Likes