Stuck bearing

Any tips on a stuck bearing? Seat is so tight it shaved off the metal on the bearing seat. I gotta clean the bearing but it is way too stuck for a bearing tool and even pliers.

Leave it in the freezer for a while and try it again

2 Likes

How long, like 20 minutes?

1 Like

Probably an hour or so at least

2 Likes

I’ve done some sketchy stuff with a vice before. Clamp the bearing, put the tool on, small hammer against tool, popped out.

2 Likes

Be careful not to take a chip out of the seat cup (I’ve done that before😞)

2 Likes

Freezer is a great tool. It works for halves that are stuck too.

2 Likes

I second this. In extreme situations it has helped get the stuck bearing off. Need to go through and caliper the inner diameter of some different brands of large bearings, because I had some sticking in a topyo mojo. Slight variations in the inner diameter can lead to frustratingly stuck on bearings if not careful.

1 Like

The freezer trick worked guys so thanks! Took some elbow grease but yes I’m going to probably change out the bearing when I can. I’m gonna assume a flat bearing will solve it because it has a center track in it

1 Like

It’s a shame I’ve had a few yoyos do this to me already. All of them have some pretty wrecked bearing seats now but never had one stuck like this. Got it back to playing good

1 Like

I’ve had some old punches in the shop to use in the manner of the multi tool. Found some for sizes of the a-size and c-size bearings. Made too many mistakes using pliers.

2 Likes

I used the pliers for like 5 minutes before I decided it was too sketchy

This worked great for men

4 Likes