stuck bearing - supernova (mordo613's questions merged)

? The reason not to believe them is they have been saying that literally for years. If they wanted to change it, they would, how hard could it be to make your bearing seat a fraction of a mm bigger.

Simple: Anodizing.

Ben from YYF was saying they make the bearing seats so tight for performance. We’ve been saying “that’s a load of crap”, especially when brands like One Drop, CLYW and others don’t have the same issue AND don’t have the bearing grip of death. Plus, people are getting more and more vocal in their complaints about this issue. It also appears YYF may be getting tired of having to repair irreplace yoyos with this problem.

Earlier this year, I recall YYF acknowledging the issue and saying they are taking measures to correct this.

I’d hope the new ones a better in that respect.

Managed to get the inner cage out then the whole outer rim. But now I’m stuck with this!!! ???

Umm, just squesse and pull I guess :-\ cool colorway too

can anyone help me??

Like everyone is saying just pull really hard. If that’s not working, put it in the freezer for a half hour and then try again. If that doesn’t work just try harder. There isn’t much we can do to help besides saying pull. Its all up to you to get it off.

If the freezer thing doesn’t work, what came to mind when I looked at it was that it looked like you could possibly cut what is left with some bolt cutters or something and it might just start to split the rest of the way. especially with the help of pliers pulling on both ends trying to rip it. I have NEVER tried anything like what i am describing, just trying to give any idea since you seem to be at the end of them

What ever you’re going to do, I recommend safety glasses because its looking like you’re going to have shards of metal flying at you.

My thought is to not get a yoyo from a company that sells bearing removal tools.

I love that we all knew it was a YYF and he didn’t say anything about the model in the original post. Lol.

Wake up, YYF. We’ve only been hounding you about this crap for… what, four years?

I had a Supernova once and the freezer method didn’t even work for me. I ended up just crushing the bearing off and replacing it.

I had to use the freezer trick multiple times once to get a bearing off. You can do it. Stick the tool and use all the strength you have to push in one direction. Then push in the opposite direction. Stick in freezer and repeat.

will try this thanks

It took me until the third try to visually perceive that the bearing was moving. You can do it. It might take a while but its possible.

if its on a g funk those thing have death grip u will never be able to get the bearing out unharmed

anything else as far as i know should be fine

Unless it’s a Yuuksta. Same issue.

Pliers with the wire cutters usually work really well since you can squeeze tightly and it won’t crush it. (It won’t work now that it’s not whole, but for future reference.) just use the part of the wire cutters that is circular shaped

If you’re still working on that stuck bearing, forget the bearing removal tool. They don’t work on really tight bearings.

Get a pliers, preferably a vice grips and have at it.

BTW - why do you keep making new topics on this? This is your 3rd or 4th topic on the same subject.

Different questions in each topic… Pliers aren’t working